Quantcast

Question about Bromont

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
im sure when you guys finsih up the eaiser trails youwill work on the more advanced trails wich would be great. Thanks for doing trail work up there, i really really enjoy bradogmont. Its a blast to ride, and i love the canadian boarder guards. *standing inside the shack still* Where ya going? what ya doing? have a nice day, eh?. Now the us guards actully look at your passport. Then deide to hold a 10 min convo about nothing and send you on your way. Love the backroad crossings.

TGR

Monkey
Jan 9, 2006
lol

well it's not sure that we're gonna develop more trails this year... the budget is already supposedly slimmer than last year...

we should build less north shore type of stunts (the need a lot of wood, and wood = expensive...) and focuss more on doing normal (yet hard...) trails

TGR

Monkey
Jan 9, 2006
we've lost so much time last year building shore bridges and stunts... we could have build some pretty nice trails instead...

the versant du lac has potential for super gnar trails...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
we've lost so much time last year building shore bridges and stunts... we could have build some pretty nice trails instead...

the versant du lac has potential for super gnar trails...
Some of the wood makes sense so that mom and the kids don't get killed on the new gravel path. That is a good way to get people into buying bikes and mountain biking, so seems like a great idea.

But now there is more than enough wood and they need to clean up some of the older trails that were great, but got beat up.

TGR

Monkey
Jan 9, 2006
that's the plan for 2008...
well it was the plan for 2007 too... (the only trail that received a major clean up was #20...)

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Its looking like I might make the trip.........Just gotta figure out where to stay.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I was booking world cup rooms with the promoter yesterday. If you need a place, call now. The chateau is full and the auberge is 99% full. I am assuming le menhir is as well.

They will be running shuttles from the normal base (chateau/Auberge/waterslides) to the new versant du lac for the event.

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
I was booking world cup rooms with the promoter yesterday. If you need a place, call now. The chateau is full and the auberge is 99% full. I am assuming le menhir is as well.

They will be running shuttles from the normal base (chateau/Auberge/waterslides) to the new versant du lac for the event.

Yeah, the Chateau was full when I started this thread.

That place must book up WAY in advance.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
It is because at a world cup the promoter has to house UCI staff, event staff, find media accommodations etc. Bromont is super limited with lodging, so it will be a mess. Many people will be pretty far away I think.

At this point getting a big group and renting a house is probably a good bet.

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
Yeah, that makes sense, it's going to be a big event with all the WC riders coming to get some time in on what will be the WC course.

I'm actually going to stay local & do the Diablo opener since I'm going to do their series again this year.

I would have gone to Bromont, but I would have my girl with me & wanted her to have a good time while I was practicing & some nice accomodations (without breaking the bank).

I'm going to book well in advance for next year, that's for sure, lol

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Anybody know when registration is open for the CC, and who to contact to register?

Thanks