Quantcast

Question About Sea Otter

sod8

Chimp
Dec 10, 2001
Santa Barbara, CA
I registered online a while back. Is the one-day NORBA license available the day of my race. I have to check in somewhere prior to then, right? For someone who has never raced, let alone never even been to a race, any info. would help. Thanks.

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
Ok, what you do is this.

You arrive at sea otter, park and then walk over to the epo area. In the middle of the expo there is a tent, that says Registration. Its Very Big, and you will see alot of people there. You get all your forms, sign them, and then make you way to the tent next store to the registration one, and fill out your forms for the license. You turn that in and pay your money. Then when your all done, you get your Number plate, that plate makes it so that you can practice and race. No plate=No Race or Practice.!

All Sea otter racers get a good bag, with the sponsors who sponsor Sea otter. Any more questions?

D

DH40

Originally posted by Yeti DHer
Ok, what you do is this.

You arrive at sea otter, park and then walk over to the epo area.
Ha! I love that schit...poor roadies OD'd and got it banned.
Schit makes me hella fast

Long live EPO!!

*URP

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
Can you walk the DH course at Sea Otter? I kind of like the idea of scoping out the lines before practice. Can you like walk up the side with your bike before your practice time?

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
The Sea otter course officials are like police man.

Heres what to do.

Theres a trail/walking path that all the photographers and watchers go to see the bikers ride buy. So before your runs, you should go and walk it.

For the Practice runs, You have to wait in the line. If you cut the tape during the run, and you fall, and try to go back on the course, There goes your # Plate. They officials will snatch it from you. You really cant stop, and look, just keep on riding.

Last year i saw plenty of people loose their plates, from guys lined up and down the course. Lets say somebody cuts the line, and goes on course. The Officials, Tell each other over the radio. Take #8382 plate. If you get your plate snatched, there goes your $$$ and race.

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
I wasn't talking about cutting in and out of the course, I was just talking about waliking all the way up the side of the run to the top before my practice starts... like when the pros are practicing so I can check their lines. Will this work?

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
nor cal
I can see why the officials don't let a racer check out certain sections of the course during practice, but I still don't like it.

I think this is the only race I've ever done that does not allow it. Reminds me that I need to get there in daylight today if I'm to walk the course. Ergh!!

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Originally posted by Yeti DHer
The Sea otter course officials are like police man.

Heres what to do.

Theres a trail/walking path that all the photographers and watchers go to see the bikers ride buy. So before your runs, you should go and walk it.

For the Practice runs, You have to wait in the line. If you cut the tape during the run, and you fall, and try to go back on the course, There goes your # Plate. They officials will snatch it from you. You really cant stop, and look, just keep on riding.

Last year i saw plenty of people loose their plates, from guys lined up and down the course. Lets say somebody cuts the line, and goes on course. The Officials, Tell each other over the radio. Take #8382 plate. If you get your plate snatched, there goes your $$$ and race.
Great info, thanks. Good thing I'll be up there for Thursday and Friday practice. Looks like ya gotta just remember your mistakes for the whole course, which means I'd better go take some ginko biloba.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by El Jefe

Great info, thanks. Good thing I'll be up there for Thursday and Friday practice. Looks like ya gotta just remember your mistakes for the whole course, which means I'd better go take some ginko biloba.
I can't wait to watch your short track race!!! I think you can take that!

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Originally posted by Heidi

I can't wait to watch your short track race!!! I think you can take that!
Actually, that's the one I'm most nervous about. The road times seem slow, and I have no pressure to do well at downhill, but short track xc? yikes. One mistake and someone could lap me, and I'm out. I'm still toying with th idea of adding the long course XC back onto my docket, but I'll see how I feel after short track Saturday AM.
OK, it's just too nice out. i'm going riding. See ya at the Otter!