Quantcast

Question about the bottom bracket

ecd2004

Chimp
May 19, 2009
i screwed up my cranks and am replacing them with truvativ hussefelts, my tech said i need 68/115 cranks, the howitzer bb comes in the 68 mm width but does not have the spindle width measurement it only has the 51 or 56mm chainline measurement, how do i pick which BB i want?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
51mm chainline = 135mm rear hub

56mm chainline = 150mm rear hub
Thats pretty much it.

Do yourself a favor, get the team. The xr tends to wear really fast, I have been beating on the team for quite some time.

Are you installing this yourself? If so, make sure you read the spacer setup for a 68MM shell. Its the same bb for 68 or 73, and because the spindle is still in teh BB, you really want to make sure you get the spacers correct.

Should be two on the drive side, one on the non for 68MM , if using a BB mounted chain device, replace one spacer from the drive side with the chain device.

ecd2004

Chimp
May 19, 2009
thanks alot, everything makes sense now, i would love to do it myself and save myself $20 and two weeks of my time but i dont have wrenches for the current BB or the truvativ one. thanks alot guys, the helps very much appreciated

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I took a facer to my faith BB in order to run a saint, should have seen all the aluminum on the floor, lol

works awesoms now
My brother and I did the same **** so he could run 83mm cranks, instead of beign stuck with either oldschool isis, Which is hte BB that came with the bike, or truvativ Howitzer.....Beyond rediculous the amount of shavings left on the floor.