Quantcast

Question about uploading photos

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
The attachments do seem to be stored on the RM server. Unfortunately, they don't have an extension recognized as an image once they're uploaded, so to reuse an image in another post requires one to reattach it, which is not very efficient... :(

gecko

I'm Batman
Jun 28, 2001
Toronto, Canada
Images that are uploaded are stored in a local MySQL database as blobs of text, then are reprocessed into images when they're called for in a post. Same with your avatars.

Cool huh?

:)

gecko

I'm Batman
Jun 28, 2001
Toronto, Canada
Originally posted by Toshi
The attachments do seem to be stored on the RM server. Unfortunately, they don't have an extension recognized as an image once they're uploaded, so to reuse an image in another post requires one to reattach it, which is not very efficient... :(
Yes, that is one drawback :(

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by gecko
Yes, that is one drawback :(
Oh well, it's still cool that it works. And the birthday boy is the only one who pays for the space, no? :D

KrusteeButt

I can't believe its not butter!
Jul 3, 2001
why the hell do YOU care?!
WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T UPLOAD IMAGES!!!
Next thing you know you'll be getting hounded by the Internet Bandwidth Police because sharing experiences with others is illegal!
(some of you know what I'm talking about) :D

Thanks for the info yall.

In yet another case of the blind leading the blind, I've been charged with setting up a small bulletin board for this program I do some work with.

I tried to tell them we should fork over the money and pay to have someone set it up for us, but they decided I could do this myself.

These technically challenged people (and I'm pretty technically challenged myself) think that just because I can create an incredibly simple web page (and I'm talking simple, no java, no frames, no nothing), that somehow I'm qualified to do other stuff. :rolleyes:

HA ha haah hahahahahh hhhhhaaaa hah haaaaaa !

I feel like I'm trapped in an episode of Dilbert.