Quantcast

question for computer people:show your skill

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
is there a way to take the audio files from a bike dvd and save them to make them into a cd?

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Yeah Adobe Premiere or even Windows Movie Maker (which comes standard on most versions of windows) can help you out, it's pretty easy really.
Which bike DVD is it? Most have all the songs listed at the end so you can get m on the net as well...

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
well i like the variety in lots of the videos, so i was thinking i could just use them as mix cd's basically.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
so di have to save the whole movie to my computer then delete the video part? im very computer illiterate.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
biggins said:
so di have to save the whole movie to my computer then delete the video part?
Yes.
But I dont think this will do any good to the quality of the music, specialy if your gonna listen to it on a decent soundsystem youre gonna hear the quality suck.
So I still think your best bet is to look up the titles and just get them from somewhere on the net and burn them on a cd. ;)

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I'm not sure if you can do it in xp, but I remeber windows 98 and 2000 had a sound recorder (start>programs>accessories>entertainment>sound recorder) that would record sounds from devices like a microphone or your CD Rom drive, you could save the sounds as .wav files, you are limited on the size of the file by your system memory though, on the computer I had in 1995 I could only record something like 12 seconds, by 2000 I could save several minutes of recorded audio... anyway, what you'll do is get an RCA to stereo headphone adaptor and plug your DVD's audio out (RCA plugs) into the adaptor and plug the adaptor into the microphone or line in jack on your computer and play the sound through your computer's speakers rather than the TV while the DVD is playing. Then use the sound recorder to record the audio coming through whatever input you choose at whatever quality you want and save the files as .wav's. You might have to fuss around with the volume control and some of the advanced options within the volume control to get the right input to record. You can then through windows media player convert the .wav files to .cd3 or whatever the CD format is called and burn them to a CD, just click on the copy to cd or device tab and it should walk you through the process. It'll take you a while to do and won't be any simpler than searching for the songs, the only advantage is you are making an archival copy of music you purchased for home use, rather than pirating off the internet.