Quantcast

Question for Fox Forx owners?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I got my trail bike today, woohoo! It has an '03 Fox Vanilla R 125 on it and I had a question. This fork is brand new and as I was riding, I stopped 3 times to check my headset because it felt loose. The headset is fine, but there is some wiggle in the fork lowers.

Are they all like that? Is there anything I can do (other than tossing it for a Zoke)? The fork feels great in the travel, but it feels funny tracking because of the movement.

This is the first time I have owned a Fox fork, so I'm new to this.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Its the fox "hydrodynamic" bushings. There is a gap between the bushing and stanchion that fills with oil when you ride. Normally you wont feel it when you ride. If you do, the bushings need replacing.

With a brand new fork..I'd call fox and see what's up. You shouldn't feel it at all when riding. 1 800 fox shox

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I haven't "ridden" it yet, I was just goofing in the back yard to check it out. I will be commuting on it tomorrow and will get an idea of how it feels then.

When I bought this bike and the seller said "never been ridden", I didn't think it was true. But the seat still had the tags on it and the headbadge still had the plastic cover over it when I pulled it out of the box.

Thanks for the info, I will call them for sure if it still feels like that.