Quantcast

Question for Iphoto users

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
I have a lot of photos in Iphoto. The problem is that Iphoto loads them all when I open it and eats up all the ram on my machine. Is there any way to separate the files into different libraries and just open what I am working on?

Also, within an album, is there a way to delete a photo completely from the library, or at least go from the album directly to that photo in the library so that I dont have to search for it to delete it?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i wish the second feature was present. my solution is to make a "delete" keyword, assign that keyword, and then go back to the library and limit the view to photos marked as such.

for the first: get more ram. or use iphotolibrarymanager. are you using iLife '06? the latest version of iphoto is much less of a memory hog than previous iterations

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
google it. it's a program that lets you set up and switch between multiple libraries. i used to use it but don't feel the need with the last few versions of iphoto

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
i wish the second feature was present. my solution is to make a "delete" keyword, assign that keyword, and then go back to the library and limit the view to photos marked as such.

for the first: get more ram. or use iphotolibrarymanager. are you using iLife '06? the latest version of iphoto is much less of a memory hog than previous iterations
Good to know. I don't even have enough room to upgrade to iLife'06. It's been sitting on my desk for a few weeks while I was waiting on an external hard-drive. Hard-drive here,... upgrade tonight.