Quantcast

Question for Saint m810 brake users ....

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
anybody have their bike near by?

I need to know if there is any difference between front and rear calipers.
I just received two boxes marked 'front', and I'm hoping that since these are post mount the only difference front to rear is the adapters (and levers obviously)

Thanks.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Right. But what about the calipers?

I have here: left and right levers, super long uncut hoses with olives and fittings, and two calipers which appear identical.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
AFAIK the calipers themselves are identical. When I bought my first set years ago I bought the calipers themselves and then the f/r lever & hose kits. IIRC the calipers were the same order number.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
I have swapped calipers of all sorts of brands; I dont think it ever really matters excepy with the old Hayes IS51's which would only fit in back.

Not authoritative, but Who Knows which BB7 calipers where on my HT and those were box labeled F and R --- foooey.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i can't tell a difference between mine.

I bought mine moto style then switched the levers....CRC was out of normal setups.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
right on, thanks again guys.

Turns out I'll have a set of new Codes coming soon for friend's build that I'm helping with. I'm definitely a lover of Shimano brakes, but I'll be interested to do a comparison between the Codes and my 810s.