Quantcast

Question for smart camera people

mtbpaint1

Monkey
Apr 25, 2005
University of Connecticut
I'm not to good when it comes to cameras (parts, uprgrades ect.) I have a Fujifilm Finepix S5100 was taking pics at Diablo saturday (posted them in Downhill forum) and some came out pretty blury, also i always just use repetative frame shots because the shutter has some lag after i click the button. What can i do or get to make the shots more clear. And is there anything to do or get to make it shoot a little faster

ALSO

in the market of a Fisheye lens but no nothing, can someone help me out?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
read your camera's manual. what you're looking to do is use shutter priority mode and bump up the ISO when in dark conditions.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
to get a sharper image of a moving subject, you've got pan the camera, as the subject moves by. doing this w/ anticipation of the shutter lag will help a lot. if you are just keeping the camera stationary, it's not fast enough to freeze the subject, so that gets blurry and the background is clear.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Ah, big thing that most people forget or don't know about is that when you press the shutter button half way, the camera focuses. Then you can finish the press to take the picture.

That means you can focus on the spot the rider will be in, then finish the press when the rider gets there.

Unfortunately, on most little digicams, anything above ISO 200 is almost totally unusable (yes, I know there are exceptions). Shutter priority is your best bet, and just keep the shutter as high as you can without underexposing the picture. You can even underexpose a little bit to obtain a higher shutter speed, as long as you don't mind correcting afterwards in Photoshop. Don't underexpose too much, though.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
If you're using flash, too, that can delay your shot, because compact digi cameras will often "pre-flash" to check exposure, then take the actual picture. Solution is not to use flash, or to put the flash on manual control, in which case it won't make the pre-flash and will just pop with whatever settings you're using.

If your camera works that way.

MD