Quantcast

Question for the graphic monkies

HedgeHog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Atlanta GA
Any graphic designers using a font management utility with OSX? I'm wanting to switch my work Mac to OSX and was wondering what tool is the most effective for fonts. I use Suitcase right now, but have heard that there are a few bugs left in the OSX version. Maybe ATM??

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I run Suitcase on 10.2.8 and have very little problems with it. We have a box at work running FontBook on 10.3.x and it's JACKED up. Aparently, FontBook (Mac font management software) is good if you only have a minimal amount of fonts to manage, but once you get into a library the size of most graphics people, it becomes extremely problematic. Lots of lost speed, lock-ups, crashes, blah blah blah.

But yeah, Suitcase has always been working pretty good for me.

MantoR

Chimp
Oct 7, 2004
Michigan
I agree. I've been using suitcase since os x came out. The only thing is that we switch between groups of fonts ALOT, so we need to manage duplicates and conflicts quite a bit.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
perhaps they are actually using the search feature, but not noticing the dates. But check out his info - registered in 2004, but only has 2 posts... :think:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
jacksonpt said:
perhaps they are actually using the search feature, but not noticing the dates. But check out his info - registered in 2004, but only has 2 posts... :think:
I noticed that... maybe just a really slow typer? ;)

I guess we should welcome you back to the 'monkey, MantoR, this is your first post in 2 years :D