Quantcast

Question for the Muslims on Rm

firemandivi

They drank my Tooters
Sep 7, 2006
a state called denial
Just a few questions to the Muslim population on RM.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071128/ap_on_re_mi_ea/sudan_british_teacher

1. There seems to be a lot of media attention given to cases like the
one above. Is it common place for Muslims in general to take
such great offense of people labeling or poking fun at Muhammad?
I never see Christians getting into a fury when people poke fun of Jesus.

2. Do Muslims believe that Islam determine all the laws a country has?

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
You're kidding, right?
Catholics get pretty bent about Mary covered in poop and crucifixes in jars of urine...but they don't call for the heads of the artists on silver platters and vow blood vengeance for slights against their faith. Haven't been any riots in predominantly Christian countries stemming from insults to the faith, that I know of anyway. Condemning such acts with dirty looks and strongly worded letters to the editors is about the most X-tians really seem to muster anymore.

fireman:
1. Yes
2. Yes and no. They will acknowledge a country's law, but Sharia law takes precedence in their minds if there is a conflict in the laws. Otherwise the ultimate living arrangement would be living under purely Islamic/Sharia law.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Catholics get pretty bent about Mary covered in poop and crucifixes in jars of urine...but they don't call for the heads of the artists on silver platters and vow blood vengeance for slights against their faith. Haven't been any riots in predominantly Christian countries stemming from insults to the faith, that I know of anyway. Condemning such acts with dirty looks and strongly worded letters to the editors is about the most X-tians really seem to muster anymore.
That's because predominantly Christian countries aren't war torn third world ****holes...put Bill Donohoe and the Catholic League (sounds like a club for child molesters with superpowers, doesn't it) and I'd be shocked if they didn't exhibit the same behavior.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
You're kidding, right?
Seriously, man. I'm sure plenty of Christian individuals get into a froth if you talk to them directly about Piss Christ...I know plenty of preachers scream in their churches that blasphemer artists will go to hell.

What you don't see are mass riots worldwide that attempt to goad the government into censoring free speech (art, political cartoons, etc. that's offensive to them. You do see Christians on TV calling for an end to government funding of 'offensive' art, perhaps. That's not the same magnitude, or even the same game. Hating the speech and calling it awful/disgusting/not worthy of tax dollars is entirely different than hating the speech and expecting the government to condemn it according to your own religious-political agenda.

Nor do you see Christian religious heirarchies passing judgement calling for the execution of people who've offended them. Come on, I know you don't like Christians...I'm not a fan of religion in general...but there is a massive difference in the magnitude and intent of the responses by the respective religious leaders and populations.

Now, whether the majority of Western muslims or even moderates worldwide care about the fatwa of a particular imam is another issue...but the fact is, the Danish cartoons, The Satanic Verses, etc., have provoked physical rage, destruction, political intimidation, and substantiated threats against life. The problem may not be WITH Islam, per se, but it's definitely WITHIN Islam.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
That's because predominantly Christian countries aren't war torn third world ****holes...put Bill Donohoe and the Catholic League (sounds like a club for child molesters with superpowers, doesn't it) and I'd be shocked if they didn't exhibit the same behavior.
Ummm, plenty of Muslims in Europe took to the streets crying for blood over the Danish cartoons, man. I don't know when the Netherlands turned into a war torn third world ****hole...

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Ummm, plenty of Muslims in Europe took to the streets crying for blood over the Danish cartoons, man. I don't know when the Netherlands turned into a war torn third world ****hole...
Yeah, but did they do anything? Danish cartoonists are still alive, as far as I know. You're extrapolating back to Theo van Gogh, I guess? I'll raise you a McVeigh, in that case.

Look, I'm not saying it's not a problem. And the only solution is more mockery of Mohammed. I'm onboard with that 100%.

But the thrust of the question is much like a guy in jail for robbery shaking his head and thinking he's so much better than the guy in jail for assault. I wonder what the result of going into an IRA frequented pub in Ireland and mocking Mary would be? I have a feeling they wouldn't buy you a beer and slap you on the back...

Besides, how many Muslims do we have on RM? Mohammed don't ride...just like Charlie don't surf.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Got to be hard to ride in those funky sand robes they wear.

Their invisible man is as silly as ours and the fat chinese guy.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I guess 'heirarchy' will vary in definition but it's a good thing no abortion doctors have been harmed in this country.
i bet more than a few would-be abortion doctors have been aborted. see what you did there?

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I guess 'heirarchy' will vary in definition but it's a good thing no abortion doctors have been harmed in this country.
Yes, some Christian extremists have harassed, harmed, and shot abortion docs...and I bet some retard preachers in a backwoods church have encouraged or condoned it. Wanna take a guess what would happen to the abortion docs if politicized Islam ruled the land?

You can't compare that to the organized worldwide violence exhibited in pursuit of political Islam's goals, including the ultimate domination of Shari'a law over everyone, everywhere.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Yeah, but did they do anything? Danish cartoonists are still alive, as far as I know.
Because they've been scared into shutting up and hiding for the sake of their lives...because the threat against them is/was real.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
"What has happened was not haphazard or carried out of ignorance, but rather a calculated action and another ring in the circles of plotting against Islam," the Sudanese Assembly of the Ulemas said the statement.
Jesus ****ing christ.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
If you just remember that 1) all Muslims are the same 2) they all believe exactly the same things and 3) they all want to kill you, then you'll have a much happier stereotyping experience.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
If you just remember that 1) all Muslims are the same 2) they all believe exactly the same things and 3) they all want to kill you, then you'll have a much happier stereotyping experience.
Well, otherwise they wouldn't be Muslims, would they?

Fact is, the fact that Muslims are also killing other Muslims worldwide speaks mightily to the fact that Islam isn't unified on a grand scale...yet...however, there's also the telling fact that Muslims who kill other Muslims justify it by labeling the other Muslims "takfir" and thereby making them fair game.

Ed: to clarify-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takfir

ie, to justify killing other Muslims, they declare the other Muslims are not actually Muslims.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ie, to justify killing other Muslims, they declare the other Muslims are not actually Muslims.
You are over simplifying the situation. First a Muslim must call for a do over after no do overs had clearly been called. They can then be declared non Muslims and killed, as long as it is all done before the street lights come on.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
You are over simplifying the situation. First a Muslim must call for a do over after no do overs had clearly been called. They can then be declared non Muslims and killed, as long as it is all done before the street lights come on.
Your grasp of Shari'a far exceeds mine.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You can't compare that to the organized worldwide violence exhibited in pursuit of political Islam's goals, including the ultimate domination of Shari'a law over everyone, everywhere.
Oh yeah? I just did.

Neener neener.

Hold on, there are some clean cut young men knocking on the door who just rode up on bikes......be right back....I wonder what they want.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Oh yeah? I just did.

Neener neener.

Hold on, there are some clean cut young men knocking on the door who just rode up on bikes......be right back....I wonder what they want.
Watch out. I bet they have suicide vests on.

Ed: To get beyond the glib, there's also the salient point that while they may want to convert you and everyone else to their religion, they don't necessarily want to topple every government and replace it with a religious heirarchy. And even if they secretly do, well, they're not acting violently towards that end.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Ed: To get beyond the glib, there's also the salient point that while they may want to convert you and everyone else to their religion, they don't necessarily want to topple every government and replace it with a religious heirarchy.
Sure they do.

But right now they have plenty of toilet paper and reality shows. So back to Silver's point, they have nothing lacking in their immediate lifestyle to kick them in the nuts to action. No heathens to blame for their misfortune because their misfortune is not starving them daily.

Keep it simple like me. Hate them all because they truly, genuinely ARE the same. Matters of degree and need dictate the actions.

You think that if through some act of flying spaghetti monster, this great nation were to fall, the dipsh1ts living in oklahoma with an arsenal to call their own wouldn't act in the same manner? I do. But then again I grew up in the south with one of those jackasses for a father so maybe I'm clouded.:D

As I was typing this, my girlfriend just showed me this website. No sh1t.

http://visionarydaughters.com/return-of-the-daughters/

Do we really need to differentiate between degrees of creepy?

I rate them all adjacent to feces.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Do we really need to differentiate between degrees of creepy?
Creepy's beside the point when one of 'em wants to behead you for YouJihad.com. This isn't about the way you feel towards them; it's about what they want to do to you.

You bring up the excellent point of how Christianity is assimilated within our larger culture, preventing its more extreme potentials from realizing except in the most eccentric cases.

This would be an excellent move to bring worldwide Islam into a 21st century norm; it's sadly what many leaders of radical Islam are particularly striving against. By keeping people poor and ignorant, they feed the fuel of their vision--which incidentally, keeps them on top of the power structure. Hmmmm.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Creepy's beside the point when one of 'em wants to behead you for YouJihad.com. This isn't about the way you feel towards them; it's about what they want to do to you.
Right. I can't argue with that.

But you obviously get my point with this....

You bring up the excellent point of how Christianity is assimilated within our larger culture, preventing its more extreme potentials from realizing except in the most eccentric cases.

This would be an excellent move to bring worldwide Islam into a 21st century norm; it's sadly what many leaders of radical Islam are particularly striving against. By keeping people poor and ignorant, they feed the fuel of their vision--which incidentally, keeps them on top of the power structure. Hmmmm.
The base level instincts are the same. Spread the bullsh1t, eliminate the unworthy. The visible actions are ONLY dictated by the current living standards and lack of comforts. My (and maybe Silver's) opinion perhaps, but there ya go.

But hey......let's stay tuned. What you point out in your second paragraph in that quote is well on its way to happening here in its own eagle-ized way. There's an obvious push towards distractions of consumerism and apathy going on in this country that parallel quite closely to the 'poverty and ignorance' of the brown countries.......only difference here is 'well fed and ignorant'. Both become easily manipulated.

by the evil fungus of religion regardless of its root or facade.........just to review

Seriously though......look over that website I posted:D

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
The visible actions are ONLY dictated by the current living standards and lack of comforts.
Except that there are numerous examples of jihadists coming from the aristocracy. And not just the leadership, but the odd bomb-toter, too.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
they don't necessarily want to topple every government and replace it with a religious heirarchy. And even if they secretly do, well, they're not acting violently towards that end.
Well thank the lord that we do want to topple every government and replace it with a Western style democracy and we are acting violently to that end...

Or something like that.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Watch out. I bet they have suicide vests on.

Ed: To get beyond the glib, there's also the salient point that while they may want to convert you and everyone else to their religion, they don't necessarily want to topple every government and replace it with a religious heirarchy. And even if they secretly do, well, they're not acting violently towards that end.
The Muslims or the dudes in ties on bikes going door to door?