Quantcast

Question for the Tahoe Locals

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Hey guys,
I've been up to N* about a billion times, but this is the first time with the wife and also with the new puppy. We will also have some Tahoe "virgins" with us and although I've been to Tahoe so much, I've never actually hung out at the lake. Too much biking to do. ;)

Anyway, my main question is... Are there any beaches that will allow dogs?

Or maybe even a non official beach(ish) spot somewhere to chill for a few hours.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
There are dog beaches on the South Shore, but that's too far from N*.
But all long the East shore there are spots where you can just park and walk down to the rocks. You could bring the pup there.

Nothing tops off a perfect day of riding like a jump in the lake. Yesterday we went snorkelling after riding. Great day.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Commons beach in tahoe city, Most of the spots in Kings Beach (except for one), and the gated beaches in Incline Village are the only ones I know DON'T allow dogs. There are plenty of spots that do.

Just pick up the poop mmkay?;)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Coon St beach? That would be close to N*
Yeah I guess that's what it's called. There's a little area to the left of a boat ramp where dogs are allowed. That's essentially the quarantine area created a few years ago do deal the the piles of dog sh1t all over the sand beaches. Park your dog there and then go swimming on the nice sandy beach 50 feet away.

That's what I do.