Quantcast

Question for those of you at CU

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
mtbpaint1 said:
When my time comes CU is my #1 choice for collages, what do they look for? Is a language required?(Thinking about dropping spanish)GPA?

Thanks!
first off being able to spell college helps. and if you are talking about university of colorado at boulder than yes you will need 3 years of a foreign language. i dont go there but i have looked into the school since its about that time for me.
edit: oh yeah, www.princetonreview.com good place to start researching colleges.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Depending on your program choice, you may have a large entrance essay to write. Brush up on those english skills(seriously), they will help you with this situation, as well as for the rest of your life.

There are different entrance requirements for different programs/school at the same University, so your best bet is to call and speak to admissions, they will send you a package. Then speak to the admissions person in the specific program you intend to major in.

Kopiklokoli

Monkey
Jul 31, 2004
Nor Cal, of course
I actually got my letter of acceptance about 2 weeks ago. I had a 3.5 GPA, took 3 years of a foreign language and had SAT scores in the middle 600s. The essay is not that bad, it has a 500 word maximum, which is actually fairly short. Although I think ill be going to college elsewhere, from what people have said who do go to Boulder, it’s a great place.
--hope that helps.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
I'm a junior and I'm out-of-state. I had a 3.6 in high school, only 2 years or forgeign language, but test scores that were good enough for anywhere. Considering the plethora of complete morons that go here, you will be fine if your academics are close to acceptable. Thanks to the bad press of the last few years enrollment is way down here and I could probably get my dog enrolled. I take it you are applying to the arts and sciences school? Where are you from?

Do you race at all? We have a kickass mountain bike team. The season starts really soon after fall semester. Anyone can race and there are usually about 4 or 5 local gravity events to do. Even if you are not a big racer I definately recommend it, the collegiate season is super laid back and alot of fun. If you want any more info about the team or the school let me know. My name is Phil.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
TheInedibleHulk said:
I'm a junior and I'm out-of-state. I had a 3.6 in high school, only 2 years or forgeign language, but test scores that were good enough for anywhere. Considering the plethora of complete morons that go here, you will be fine if your academics are close to acceptable. Thanks to the bad press of the last few years enrollment is way down here and I could probably get my dog enrolled. I take it you are applying to the arts and sciences school? Where are you from?
what is your major there? im wondering how people like the mechanical engineering program because cu boulder apparently has a pretty decent engineering school.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
gnurider1080 said:
what is your major there? im wondering how people like the mechanical engineering program because cu boulder apparently has a pretty decent engineering school.

The engineering program is significantly more demanding. I am a english major because it allows me to do as little as possible. I kind of just assumed he was applying to the arts and sciences school. You dont have to be a genious to get into the E school either, but you have to be pretty dedicated to succeed in it. Lots of people transfer out of the E school in their first two years. I though I wanted to be an engineer for one semester, and then said f*%# that.

fireman

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Boulder, CO
gnurider1080,

I'm a ME at CU, I like it just fine. Anything specific you want to know about it? There is another CU ME on here to mabye he (dcamp29) will chime in.

zak