Quantcast

Question for TV tech nerds

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
We could have this in time for Thanksgiving night football!!

Oh wait, Comcast screwed us out of the NFL Network.
Screwed as in they charge for it or they no longer carry it?

As I said before... call them, ask for it for free for six months since you know others that got that deal. Cancel. Reconsider providers during the off-season.

You HAVE to have the NFLN! :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I can just see it.

MBC: "We need a price match for the set we bought several days ago."
CC Employee: "Sorry, we don't price match our black friday sales."
MBC: "Well, the TV is in the car, please send someone over to the return desk to take it back."

:D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Honestly, I'm just nervous if they decide not to honor the price match - ie: if they say it's part of a limited quantity, then that's in their price match policy that says they don't have to honor it.

SO in that case, I take the tv and return it - and rebuy it.
is the price match for a period of time *after* your sale, or *at* the sale? i guess one way around that is to straighten out that detail w/ the sales guy prior to the sale, and if it's for a 30 day period afterwards, get it in writing.

I can just see it.

MBC: "We need a price match for the set we bought several days ago."
CC Employee: "Sorry, we don't price match our black friday sales."
MBC: "Well, the TV is in the car, please send someone over to the return desk to take it back."

:D

You are exactly right - that's how I'm picturing it too!!

I've read the pm and return policy - I think we're good to go.

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Hey, Costco is putting that set on sale as well. Problem is all it says is $300 off and they don't give the final price. The good thing with Costco is they extend the mfg warranty 2 years.

For COMPUTERS, TELEVISIONS and PROJECTORS, Costco extends the MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY to two years from date of purchase.

The return policy is one of the best anywhere, here it is for TVs.

THE RETURN POLICY FOR TELEVISIONS, PROJECTORS, COMPUTERS, CAMERAS, CAMCORDERS, IPODS / MP3S, AND CELLULAR PHONES IS 90 DAYS FROM DATE OF PURCHASE.

Looks like Nov. 19th you can order, not sur eif they will be in the stores, but I bet the will.

Hey, Costco is putting that set on sale as well. Problem is all it says is $300 off and they don't give the final price. The good thing with Costco is they extend the mfg warranty 2 years.

For COMPUTERS, TELEVISIONS and PROJECTORS, Costco extends the MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY to two years from date of purchase.

THE RETURN POLICY FOR TELEVISIONS, PROJECTORS, COMPUTERS, CAMERAS, CAMCORDERS, IPODS / MP3S, AND CELLULAR PHONES IS 90 DAYS FROM DATE OF PURCHASE.

Looks like Nov. 19th you can order, not sur eif they will be in the stores, but I bet the will.

WHOA thanks for the heads up!! We'll be sure to check that out as well!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.

Just be aware however that the manufacturers warranty is void. You can ONLY get warranty through costco, not through the product manufacturer. It is like this for almost all electronics at costco, and is why they have a liberal return policy. They are not an authorized seller for most items, they are gray market most of the time. Legal, but goods obtained through non official distribution channels.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
FYI, I went to Costco Friday afternoon and they did not have any Sharps on the floor in any size. This may be just an online sale, and they charge $100 for delivery of this TV online.

Circuit City did not have this TV on the floor. We had to ask for it. The guy who sold it to us was very hush-hush about the Black Friday sale, but MBC go the info out of him. :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
is that a crystal wine decanter to the right of the right of the Pledge?

:busted:

congrats looks like a great set!
Nah, that's a vase. I had just started cleaning when I took that pic. I took down those little shelves on the wall. One of the cats knocked something off one of the shelves a while back and shattered the back of our old TV. We're trying to limit cat destruction opportunities. Of course I can think of one way to eliminate that...

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
FYI, I went to Costco Friday afternoon and they did not have any Sharps on the floor in any size. This may be just an online sale, and they charge $100 for delivery of this TV online.

Circuit City did not have this TV on the floor. We had to ask for it. The guy who sold it to us was very hush-hush about the Black Friday sale, but MBC go the info out of him. :D
NFL on HD = :clapping: Too bad the first game you watched on it was the Giants and Detroit, and not the Pats.

FYI, the circuit city ad is officially on their website now. AND I just called to confirm that they'll "price adjust."

There's a 10% off coupon for web orders QYAQRL4A9R (emailed to me) and I've read about people ordering it online, with the coupon and selecting in store pick up for Friday. Just thought I'd pass that along to y'all.

NICE!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Damn, now that I'm thinking about it, $1350 for a 46" 1080p Sharp Aquos is a great deal. Too bad I don't have the bucks for it.