Quantcast

Question for TV tech nerds

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I usually just wait until after Xmas and cruse the Crutchfield headquarters outlet for the scratched return items.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
wth is that?

and why is the sale price so cheap (before the $719)?
It's not even really a sale, it's basically a "prize." If you're among the lucky customers picked, you get the TV for what is essentially a giveaway price.

The sale price is just a good price.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Since LCDs are actually fairly portable, I think I'm going to just start buying a new TV every 30 days at Best Buy. I can watch it for a month, return it, and get the next latest and greatest :D

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Best buy probably has a restocking fee. they suck.
Officemax doesn't. I just got a 24" MVA matrix LCD from them and used it for 14 days and decided I wasn't sure about the risk as mine had some button issues the first day or so I had it - I can buy it again if I like for $50 cheaper on Friday/Saturday :D

Also Dell doesn't. There is a minor ghosting/shadowing issue inherent to all LCD to some degree. For the model I had you could notice this with a testing utility on the extreme settings. They were offering a full refund with shipping cost covered on my model until 11/8 - I got mine in August and figured I'd just buy something cheap and then upgrade to latest and greatest later. They processed the return credit super fast too. Can't beat that service:happydance:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Well we got our price guarantee honored! Circuit City wasn't happy about it but we did get the refund (over $1000!). Of course, we ended up spending that money anyway. :rolleyes:

Black Friday is a frikkin nightmare, but man are there some good deals to be had.