Quantcast

Question of the day Sunday 6-25: VERY BAD...or maybe not.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I didn't know about the song, but are you talking about Christopher Scarver (I had to look up the name) who killed Dahmer and another inmate with a bench press bar?

Wow, talk about a long forgotten tickling in the back of my brain. I vaguely remembered the incident and looked it up.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Some Googling reveals that the Violent Femmes wrote the song "Dahmer is Dead" after the incident.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
binary visions said:
I didn't know about the song, but are you talking about Christopher Scarver (I had to look up the name) who killed Dahmer and another inmate with a bench press bar?

Wow, talk about a long forgotten tickling in the back of my brain. I vaguely remembered the incident and looked it up.
CORRECT

Christopher Scarver (1969) is a convicted American murderer who while in prison killed Jeffrey Dahmer and Jesse Anderson while working with them for what he called the work of God. Many believe this was racially related.

On November 28th 1994, Scarver was serving a sentence for 2 counts of first-degree murder at the age of 25, and was labeled schizophrenic and delusional. Scarver was paired up with Jeffery Dahmer and Jesse Anderson for work detail which included the cleaning of a bathroom. During that time he beat both men with what is sometimes described as a broom handle and others a metal bar. When he returned to his cell early a guard asked him why he wasn't still working. He explained "God told me to do it. You will hear about it on the 6 o'clock news. Jesse Anderson and Jeffrey Dahmer are dead". During that time two guards found the bodies of Dahmer and Anderson. Dahmer was pronounced dead at 9:11 AM, Anderson died from his injuries two days later.

Although Scarver maintained that he was provoked by God it is widely believe that he killed both for racial reasons. Scarver, a black man, is thought to have killed the two because most of Dahmer's 17 victims where black and Anderson blamed the murder he committed against his wife on two arbitrary black men in a fabricated story.

Death metal band Macabre made an eponymous song about Scarver for their concept album Dahmer.