Quantcast

question on 2010 giant glory

bsmith0607

Chimp
Jul 21, 2010
I am fairly new to mountainbiking and bought a hardtail bike but the trails i am taking it threw seem to be to much for the bike. the trails are the same trails i ride my kx450f motocross bike on. my question is would a giant glory hold up on these same trails considering i weigh 280lb. I was origanlly under the impression full suspension bikes dont work that well for bigger guys, but the hardtail isnt cutting it either. any input would be great and i know you will say lose weight, but will the glry hold up or not.

Nov 11, 2007
norcal
A Glory will hold up just fine, as will most DH bikes. The key is just to make sure you take the extra effort to get the right springrate and damping set up front and rear. The average shock and fork is likely set for someone in the 160-180lb range. Since you're working with a little more, make sure you change the springs front and rear. If you're buying a new Glory, I'm sure the shop would swap to more appropriate springs F&R before the bike goes out the door. To take it one step further, as you may have done with your moto suspension, call up a company like Push Industries, and have them customize the damping for your weight/bike/riding style.
And don't screw around with any lightweight weenie parts. You want everything to be reliable and safe. The bike will likely be pushing over the 40lb mark.

ObeyMyFast!

Chimp
Jul 20, 2010
San Diego
I am fairly new to mountainbiking and bought a hardtail bike but the trails i am taking it threw seem to be to much for the bike. the trails are the same trails i ride my kx450f motocross bike on. my question is would a giant glory hold up on these same trails considering i weigh 280lb. I was origanlly under the impression full suspension bikes dont work that well for bigger guys, but the hardtail isnt cutting it either. any input would be great and i know you will say lose weight, but will the glry hold up or not.
I have a 2009 CRF450R and a 2009 Glory 0. The glory is surprisingly capable, and this is coming from somebody like you who rides a fo fiddy.

I also came from a hardtail, because the first dual suspension bike I bought cracked on me. The Glory is in a league of its own compared to hardtails.