Quantcast

Question: re:Shooting the Bird

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Who does it?
When was the last time you shot the bird & what was the occasion.

I saw a driver (cuban guy so I guess it crosses cultural boundaries) shoot the bird to this guy that almost hit him this AM & it got me wondering.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
It was probaly just another confused midwestern honkey wearing a Che Guevara t-shirt. Common mistake.
:rofl:

No, he had a cuban flag hanging from his rear view mirror. Just call me Sherlock Holmes.

I regularly shoot it when riding in traffic, that is if I can't get in a good slap of their fender.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Been a long time...although I was the recipient of one last week from a douchebag in a Vette that didn't know how to properly merge onto a highway.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Apparently a coworker of mine punched a cyclist in the face yesterday morning after the cyclist gave him the bird then attempted to enter his vehicle. After punching him in the face he literally kicked the guy out of his car. Silly hipsters.

I forget which one of you guys gets in fights all the time. But when did you start working here?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Like, given the bird and actually meant it? I can't remember. I do it to my brother all the time though and aim for the most inapproriate times, like during the Thanksgiving meal prayer. You know, he'll look at me and I'll scratch my nose with my middle finger. And he'll get pissed because he knows he got owned.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Most recently to some dumb b*tch who pulled out of a driveway in front of me while talking on her cell phone, without stopping to look, and then had to stop in the middle of my lane because a car was coming the other way, as she tried to turn left. I gave her quarterpanel a good kick too, hope I dented it.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
At least 3x a week here in lovely socal. Seriously... people need to use turn signals correctly. Just this morning, I had to flick someone off cuz they were signaling left, but turned right.

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
I traded the bird for the thumbs up a long time ago. It lets them know that what they did was noticed and appreciated.
I use it on a fairly regular basis and love the reaction I get from people who would normally be expecting the bird.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Daily. At work, at home, while commuting. I consider it my part in contributing to good foreign relations.

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
At least 3x a week here in lovely socal. Seriously... people need to use turn signals correctly. Just this morning, I had to flick someone off cuz they were signaling left, but turned right.
like a booger?

I've also gone to the "thumbs-up" over the bird. Occasionally I'll go with the 'OK' sign.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Daily. At work, at home, while commuting. I consider it my part in contributing to good foreign relations.
+1 for the Top Gun reference. :rofl:

As a kid I remember my mom doing it all the time, to drivers, to my dad, to aunt's & uncles. that is no way to raise a kid.:D

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Not a good idea to be waving your finger around at traffic in this rural southern setting. There are lots of rednecks overcompensating for their lack of education/teeth/penis who will run you offa that there road. When the new guy arrives at work looking a little pasty and there's grass trapped between his tires and rims on one side, you know what happened.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Not a good idea to be waving your finger around at traffic in this rural southern setting. There are lots of rednecks overcompensating for their lack of education/teeth/penis who will run you offa that there road. When the new guy arrives at work looking a little pasty and there's grass trapped between his tires and rims on one side, you know what happened.
I had a redneck chase me for about 10miles in Northern Georgia at 4am a few years back. Got lost on the way to my grandparents house. Big ass redneck truck flying the stars and bars (literally, 7' flag from the bed). I ended up rallying the isht out of that little yellow suzuki rental to lose them in the windy's. Scary much.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I had a redneck chase me for about 10miles in Northern Georgia at 4am a few years back. Got lost on the way to my grandparents house. Big ass redneck truck flying the stars and bars (literally, 7' flag from the bed). I ended up rallying the isht out of that little yellow suzuki rental to lose them in the windy's. Scary much.
Taking the flag off the side of the house and sticking it on your truck is a classic redneck move. Of course flags aren't meant for 70 mph winds so it breaks off and lies in the road getting run over. It's a way to show your Merkin pride!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Here in the south rednecks will follow you home if you flip them off. When it happens I never go directly home but instead I take them to the projects. So far they have all turned around.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
well, actually its not that new anymore, ive been here for 3 weeks. when my chick moved to LA i couldnt afford our apartment anymore. so i moved in to my buddys house. im stoked to actually have a house now! i have a backyard for my dog and it even has a halfpipe!

here is the house.

and my room

and the half pipe

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BTW, I think the finger is the most useless of gestures.

Being a careful driver, I can't remember the last time I got one.

On a bike, the bird could get you runned over, but if I feel the need to express my displeasure, I am going to do something more noticable than flashing my middle finger.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS

On a bike, the bird could get you runned over, but if I feel the need to express my displeasure, I am going to do something more noticable than flashing my middle finger.
Water bottle???

offsprung

Monkey
Aug 5, 2007
Rochester

I feel the same way, peoples attitudes tend to change real quick when they see you rest your hand on the .40 cal on your hip!