Quantcast

Question

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
This'll probably get me in trouble in this post, but can someone explain to me how racing for 24 hours straight is fun??? Thanks

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Well, it's different. You get to camp with your team, BS, eat, drink, and have fun if you do it for pure fun. A bunch of your friends just get together and take turns riding laps and hanging out. If you're a little more serious...you do a little less drinking. I did somewhere in between and we finished 2nd in co-ed last Sept.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Bikerpunk241
That sounds cool, hanging with your buds, and riding. Nice job on 2nd :thumb:
Thanks, It was the 3rd 24 hour race I'd done and I've always had fun. What could be better than hanging out with a couple thousand mountain bikers? Now the soloists...they are hardcore. It isn't about hanging out or anything, it's about challenging yourself and beiing tough mentally and physically.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
That I couldn't do, but in a group, I might be able to. Good luck this season
Hey, back atcha!:D You should try the Winter Park 24 hour race that is later this year...round up some friends.:thumb: :thumb: There's one in Moab too.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Maybe, I'm thinking about the Tiperary Creek race also. It's a normal hour race though. I'm not in shape for any xc right now though, or any racing for that matter, too snowy to ride anything.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Maybe, I'm thinking about the Tiperary Creek race also. It's a normal hour race though. I'm not in shape for any xc right now though, or any racing for that matter, too snowy to ride anything.
Yeah, I saw your snow racing post too! It's hard to imagine it being too snowy to race when it was so hot here this weekend.:)

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
don't rub it in. It didn't break freezing here today. Soon though. Snow racing is fun, slippery, but fun. :D

tammy

spyderzmom
Oct 10, 2001
lost
Originally posted by Heidi

Now the soloists...they are hardcore. It isn't about hanging out or anything, it's about challenging yourself and beiing tough mentally and physically.
Hey - we're fun too:think:

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Well, it's different. You get to camp with your team, BS, eat, drink, and have fun if you do it for pure fun. A bunch of your friends just get together and take turns riding laps and hanging out. If you're a little more serious...you do a little less drinking. I did somewhere in between and we finished 2nd in co-ed last Sept.
I was just thinking about 24hrs of adrenalin the other day. I was thinking about doing one solo, but I sure wouldn't mind taking another stab at team DAART, especially since I'm much stronger and more technically adept than I was last fall when we took 2nd. Any plans for Team Ride it Like You Stole it? Looks like MattOPP would be a great 5th guy this time.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by El Jefe
I was just thinking about 24hrs of adrenalin the other day. I was thinking about doing one solo, but I sure wouldn't mind taking another stab at team DAART, especially since I'm much stronger and more technically adept than I was last fall when we took 2nd. Any plans for Team Ride it Like You Stole it? Looks like MattOPP would be a great 5th guy this time.
Hurkey Creek repeat? I'd be game for that. I have two 100 milers just before Hurkey this year so I'll be in TOP shape! I might do the upcoming Arizona race with Derek as a DUO team.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal

Hurkey Creek repeat? I'd be game for that. I have two 100 milers just before Hurkey this year so I'll be in TOP shape! I might do the upcoming Arizona race with Derek as a DUO team.
Repeat? Excellent.
Top Shape? Excellent.
Duo race? Hey, what are you trying to do, make yourself a widow?;)

Oct 2, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Repeat? Excellent.
Top Shape? Excellent.
Duo race? Hey, what are you trying to do, make yourself a widow?;)
Ride It Like You Stole It will definitely be back for Hurkey Creek. We need those jerseys this year. MattOPP definitely has potential. Team DAART will probably beef up their team this year in anticipation of us, so we must be in top shape.:thumb:

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
the ppl at trilife won't let me do the solo event b/c i'm "underage" aljf;alkdjf;kadjf;alkjf makes me mad. oh well i realllllllllly want to do the 24 hours of conyers this year but it won't fit in w/ my training. doing a 24 hours race doesn't exactly help you out during the cross season. oh well maybe i can find one earlier in the year that will match my schdule.......

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by indieboy
the ppl at trilife won't let me do the solo event b/c i'm "underage" aljf;alkdjf;kadjf;alkjf makes me mad. oh well i realllllllllly want to do the 24 hours of conyers this year but it won't fit in w/ my training. doing a 24 hours race doesn't exactly help you out during the cross season. oh well maybe i can find one earlier in the year that will match my schdule.......
Yes, my schedule is difficult because I have endurance events sprinkled towards the middle to end. I was okay with it last year so hopefully I'll do okay this year too. It's too hard for me to decide what I like better...I like them both!!

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Originally posted by Captain Cogset

Ride It Like You Stole It will definitely be back for Hurkey Creek. We need those jerseys this year. MattOPP definitely has potential. Team DAART will probably beef up their team this year in anticipation of us, so we must be in top shape.:thumb:
The only place they can improve is pulling Nate. I was cashed in after the 1st lap crash and rode with a bruised lung, and you had to ride with busted ribs for the last lap, and we still were only 7 minutes down going into the last lap. We'll need to be in top shape for sure, but as long as we can stay healthy, we'll be fine. Of course if they recruit Andy aka Rut, we might want to start sweet talking Chris Eatough.;)

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
The only place they can improve is pulling Nate. I was cashed in after the 1st lap crash and rode with a bruised lung, and you had to ride with busted ribs for the last lap, and we still were only 7 minutes down going into the last lap. We'll need to be in top shape for sure, but as long as we can stay healthy, we'll be fine. Of course if they recruit Andy aka Rut, we might want to start sweet talking Chris Eatough.;)
Well, maybe WE should recruit Rut!

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal

Well, maybe WE should recruit Rut!
Great idea, but 'm afraid Andy's allegiance is with Single speeders.
That's OK, I'll just keep training XC on my 38lb Stinky. When I race the 24lb Sugar, it'll feel like a dream up hills. No problem!:thumb: