Quantcast

questions aboot me jekyll

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
i've got a 2001 jekyll 700 and i'm contemplating selling it and gettin a prophet my questions are:

1. my rear rim is dented so bad that it cant even hold a tube(some rim that came stock with it) would it be worth the money to buy a new rim to sell it and if so whats a good xc/allmount rim that doesnt cost too much

2. how much do u think i could sell it for (with a new wheel and without)
everything on it is stock except for the brake levers those are 05 or 04 magura louise

thanks for ur help

edit with pictures

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I used to have the almost the same bike (mine had the lefty on it). I found a serious flaw in my frame and had it warrantied last year though. I personally would replace the rim, but you could probably advertise it with the dented rim and then decide. I think Jenson is selling the Mavic XM 321 Disc Rims for $30. I definitely think you could get more for it if it was rideable (new rear wheel) when you sell it).

As for $...not sure. Check out the ads on mtbreview and ebay and go with something along those lines. There is a jekyll liek yours on ebay now for $685. Good luck!!!

srphillips89

Monkey
Jan 29, 2006
Boone NC
Assuming that you are doing this on ebay, I would get a new rim. I think you will have less people interested in the bike with a worthless rim because they won't want to deal with it. So with the new rim you can bring the price up and have more people competing for the bike. That's my 2 cents.

Arsbars

"Finger Lickin' Good"
Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Take it to a trusted shop, usually we can bend it back - atleast rideable to hold a tube.

If not a new 9speed wheel start about $75 for something decent. $150 for good. You get the point.

Cannondale also does a frame upgrade. If you use all your parts other than the headshock and now that rear wheel you could just swap parts. If you have a local Cannondale dealer ask them. It is pretty frequent that hardtailers (F1000) owners are purchasing the Rush or Prophet.

-Hope that helps