Quantcast

Questions about Fontana area and the National....

biker3

Turbo Monkey
Has anyone heard what the shuttle situation is going to be or is it going to be a push practice? Also whats the lodging like in the area, I assume pretty easy to grab a cheap hotel? How about the 4x for those that have ridden it is it pretty dialed? How long is the DH run usually, I guess its mostly pretty technical from what Ive seen? Any info would be great, Im debating about whether to make the long trip so whatever you can tell me would be cool.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
so basically the courses up there are lots of pedaling with rocky chutes, loose rutted straightaways, and loose bumpy corners (notice a theme). when they run races and practice up there, you get a shuttle up 3/4 of the way and then push the last bit. it's kindof a bitch, but the system works more or less. no huge drops or jumps, but fun riding. the pics never do it justice IMO.

SPrider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
the 4x course will be like 25-30 seconds it seems like, u come out of the gate go straight and hit two tables then hit a left 180 burm and some more jumps and such going straight, then hit a 180 burm to the right and go straight then 90degree burm to the left down a hill to the finish, idunno how it will be, might be fun, i recommend a short travel for sure

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
SPrider said:
the 4x course will be like 25-30 seconds it seems like, u come out of the gate go straight and hit two tables then hit a left 180 burm and some more jumps and such going straight, then hit a 180 burm to the right and go straight then 90degree burm to the left down a hill to the finish, idunno how it will be, might be fun, i recommend a short travel for sure

The course actually it's going to make a 90 left down that hill, it's going to make a harder left and stay up on the road there, and them make a right down to the bottom, they just haven't gotten to that section yet.

SPrider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
oh sick, i thought that it was kinda short, hopefully it will be good when it is all dialed in