Quantcast

Questions about Snowshoe #4

Robusto

Monkey
Im planning on going up for the 4th race, but we're not planning on renting a room out. My dad's not one for camping in a tent, so he wants to take the RV up... is there anywhere up there where we could park it? We dont need a hookup or anything for it, just a place to put it.

Also, is anyone going up planning just to ride on Sunday, rather than race? My friend cant make it up this weekend, so I think I'm just going to ride, instead of racing.

Robusto

Monkey
Oh, wow I didnt realize it costs more to buy a trail pass than it does to race... I probably will just race then. Any idea on whether intro runs first or last? The last race I did was Massanutten, and I ended up sitting at the start for 3 hours with nothing to do but take a nap... I just want to get on as many of the trails as possible, and I figured if I raced I would mainly be focused on the race course. Any possibility that the course will go through powerline :drool: That would be a super fast course.

Any idea on the RV thing though?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Silver Creek is where you can park. The facilities there are pretty good from what I understand.

Someone on here will be able to give you better info.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Oh, wow I didnt realize it costs more to buy a trail pass than it does to race... I probably will just race then. Any idea on whether intro runs first or last?
I am not sure you are aware of this, but you can just register for the race, which also acts as a trail pass so you could skip the race and ride the trails.

Pi31412

Chimp
May 30, 2006
Yeah no one will feel bad if you enter a class and do not start. Afterall it just makes the hacks at the bottom of the scoring feel like they beat someone and didn't come in last. ;)

Robusto

Monkey
Eh, I'm probably just going to race... atleast that way if I have a bad crash or something I'm not gonna be the only one on the trail...

Plus, it's just one extra run.

So theres room at Silver Creek for about a 35 foot RV? Silver creek is the place right across the street from the lift for the Western Territory right? Or am I mistaken?

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
Silver creek is about a mile down the road from the western lift. If you just follow the signes you will end up there and you can park anywhere and do your thing.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Does anyone know if that condo that SK6 likes to rent is going to be open for #4? If so, I am calling dips right now.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Does anyone know if that condo that SK6 likes to rent is going to be open for #4? If so, I am calling dips right now.
It was rented out already, and I have dibbed the last available slot from the folks who rented.

The last race was a family vacation, so there was no room...with wife kids and all.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
SK6 rented my condo once. Right now it looks like I won't be able to make it to #4. My work is sending me to california for two weeks, and my boss wants to fly out on Sunday sept 10 because he doesn't want to fly on the 5th anniversary of Sept 11, 2001. Looks like I'm going to miss the Bear Creek race too. This sucks.

Pi314 has said he wants to stay in it, but I don't know if he as $$$ to pay for it. He is going to let me know soon. I'll hit you up if he doesn't take it.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
SK6 rented my condo once. Right now it looks like I won't be able to make it to #4. My work is sending me to california for two weeks, and my boss wants to fly out on Sunday sept 10 because he doesn't want to fly on the 5th anniversary of Sept 11, 2001. Looks like I'm going to miss the Bear Creek race too. This sucks.

Pi314 has said he wants to stay in it, but I don't know if he as $$$ to pay for it. He is going to let me know soon. I'll hit you up if he doesn't take it.
GREAT place to stay for sure!!!! I enjoyed staying there...certainly worth it for a couple of people. :thumb: :thumb:

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
I'd bet you can park the RV in the whistlepunk parking lot all day on saturday and sunday and then just move it to the silvercreek parking lot to sleep.

and yes, racing is cheaper than paying for 2 lift passes.