Quantcast

Questions about Tacomas / Frontiers / Dakotas (4 Door)

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I had a Butch just this morning demand to see all of the material costs (including my volume discounts), labor rates for all employees and my profit margin.
He claimed he had a right to know my costs and wanted to ensure my pricing was "in line with what a contractor should be making in this economy".

I respectfully declined, stating that the multiple references from his neighbors and our sterling reputation in town are example enough regarding the fairness of the deal, which is guaranteed to not exceed the quoted price unless the job scope changed.

When he angrily repeated his demands to know these details I simply bid his wife a nice weekend, retracted my quote and let myself out.

The last thing I saw as I pulled away was his wife bitching him out at the kitchen table. :rofl:

People like that are destined for a lifetime of ****ty service.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
:rofl: It must be tough getting through life being all mad about $hit like that.
I learned my lesson year ago paying full pop for a quality vehicle when the only road into and out of the town I worked in was flooded and blocked off all tourist traffic for 90 days.

Lesson 1: Paying full pop makes it real hard to change your mind on a bad decision
Lesson 2: Being upside down on a used piece of crap sucks about as bad

I've bartered every vehicle ever since to the max to make sure I'm never upside down on wheels again. I was burned worse than MMike's monitor when the missus was on vacation.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
I had a Butch just this morning demand to see all of the material costs (including my volume discounts), labor rates for all employees and my profit margin.
He claimed he had a right to know my costs and wanted to ensure my pricing was "in line with what a contractor should be making in this economy".

I respectfully declined, stating that the multiple references from his neighbors and our sterling reputation in town are example enough regarding the fairness of the deal, which is guaranteed to not exceed the quoted price unless the job scope changed.

When he angrily repeated his demands to know these details I simply bid his wife a nice weekend, retracted my quote and let myself out.

The last thing I saw as I pulled away was his wife bitching him out at the kitchen table. :rofl:

People like that are destined for a lifetime of ****ty service.
I'm not THAT guy. Accountant I ain't!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i cant understand how the used new body style Tacomas still sell for so much, even with a lot of miles on them...i guess it has to do with how over priced they are from new.
supply and demand curves seem to indicate they may be under-priced when new from the mfg, if the used value stays high.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
...or it could be that mileage is not a major issue of concern for these products in the used market because of a history of strong performance, thus the pricing doesn't dip as the odo climbs.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Brand new with no blood on the battlefield for $26k. Used with extended warranty...same price...sense no make.

Here's a funny one...guy comes in to add a 2010 4Runner today. Said he had a 6" lift on it and all this other stuff. Paid $29k and said they gave him a 4.4% rate "but they were asking $35k for it."

Yeah, like somebody said..."Hey, give that guy $6k off or he just won't buy it."