Quantcast

Questions regarding the 303 and fork opinions.

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
SO, next season it looks like I might be riding for a team sponsored by Yeti. I have seen the huge 303 thread and have read most of it but I was wondering if anyone has any word on availability. I was told they would be ready to ship in late December? Not sure if what I heard is right or not, but was just looking to find out. And if there is a waiting list, how big?

Also, does Yeti give sponsored team's priority over the regular customer?

And lastly, I am having a hard time deciding between which fork to run for next season. The new Boxxer WC Air or the 40RC2. I was planning on the 40, just because it matches the 303 so well, and I was intending to build a strong stable bike for this next season. But chances are I will be able to get the Boxxer for cheaper, and its supposed to be damn light which is a bonus. Weight isn't a huge factor for me, but quality and a good feeling fork is.

Thanks for looking guys,
Dan

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Dan, your a big guy. I would suggest the 40 just because you can get stiffer springs and not compromise dampening, like you MIGHT on the Boxxer air... (Just a thought, i dont know if the dampening system changes that...)

dG video

Feb 25, 2004
vermont
I will get on that for sure.

For anyone that has ridden the bike, do you feel deep into it, kind of like apart of the bike, kind of a weird question, but after being on a small bike with not a ton of sag, thats kind of what I am looking for.

Dan

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
Dan-the Fox 40 is superplush big and still fairly light at the same time. I presonally would take it over the WC but that is just me.

dG video

Feb 25, 2004
vermont
I guess we'll see what my wallet says after I buy the frame. But expect a super rad build come spring time when its finished!

Dan

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
I too will be building up a 303!
I'm planning a nice Build:

As Such:

Azonic 42t Chain Ring
Azonic A-Frame Clipless
Dangerboy Levers for Hope Mono Brakes
E.13 Chain Guide
FSA DH-300 Stem 60mm Reach, 10Degree Rise
FSA Gravity Extreme 170mm Cranks
FSA PIG Deep Cup 1-1/8"
FSA Platinum Megaexo ISIS 83mm x 128mm
Goodridge Lines for Hope Mono Brakes
Hope 205mm Mono 6Ti Hydraulic Brakes Fr: BoXXer - Rr: I.S.
Hope Bar Ends
Hope QR Seat Clamp Bolt 31.8
Carbon Headset Spacers
Maxxis Minion DHF 26x2.5 60a
Maxxis Minion DHF 26x2.7 Front Tire ST
ODI Ruffian Lock On Grips
PUSH for '04 Boxxer WC
PUSH Factory Race System for FOX DHX 5.0
RCS Ti Coil Spring for Fox DHX Shock
Rock Shox Boxxer - WC '04
Shimano 105 Road Cassette
Shimano 105 Short Derailleur
SRAM PC-99 Chain
SRAM Rocket Trigger Shifter
Stans Rim Strips for Tubeless
Titec El Norte Seat
Titec WC Riser Bar 2" Rise 31.8mm
Titec XC Carbon 27.2
Hadley DH Hubs Fr:20mm / Rr:150mm x 12mm / DISC823 Mavic Rim
Yeti 303 Frame - Size Large

Should be sick when fully built! :blah:

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
boxxer if you have or are a mechanic. the fork for 06 i believe is completley air and is under 6 pounds, but the 40 just lookes so cool on the yeti 303, i would say race wise go with the boxxer. if you are doing a little bit of racing and freeriding go with the 40, other than that i just hope you have had some ride time on both these forks before you decide which one to get. One might just over all work better for you

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
after riding this bike for a season i can honestly say it takes some of the best attributes of all the top frames and rolls it into one without compromise... The bike Plows through rough like a v-10.. corners better than a turner... jumps and takes huge hits just as well as a demo, and accelerates through rocks and high speed studder better than anything else out there. in terms of which fork to put up front, it was designed around the 40 at 8 inches slammed in the crowns. not sure how different the boxxer height is but the damping feels a lil different(not as bad as 05 and previous years) one thing i will say is that the stance is a lil wider than all of the above mentioned bikes but it also seems to make it more stable on drifty type corners. Im also going to say that the 06/07 versions of the 40 should be off the mark in terms of a new bottom out "resistor" system. you couldnt ask for better geo on the bike either. Med frame= 45wb 65HA and 14" bb at the lowest setting (has eccentric pivot on top car to adjust bb and ha, thats what the split TT is for)
wow that turned into a long review..any other Qs just ask.

dG video

Feb 25, 2004
vermont
v10"o-PlEaSuRe said:
after riding this bike for a season i can honestly say it takes some of the best attributes of all the top frames and rolls it into one without compromise... The bike Plows through rough like a v-10.. corners better than a turner... jumps and takes huge hits just as well as a demo, and accelerates through rocks and high speed studder better than anything else out there. in terms of which fork to put up front, it was designed around the 40 at 8 inches slammed in the crowns. not sure how different the boxxer height is but the damping feels a lil different(not as bad as 05 and previous years) one thing i will say is that the stance is a lil wider than all of the above mentioned bikes but it also seems to make it more stable on drifty type corners. Im also going to say that the 06/07 versions of the 40 should be off the mark in terms of a new bottom out "resistor" system. you couldnt ask for better geo on the bike either. Med frame= 45wb 65HA and 14" bb at the lowest setting (has eccentric pivot on top car to adjust bb and ha, thats what the split TT is for)
wow that turned into a long review..any other Qs just ask.
Thanks a ton man!

If you mean wide stance as in a wide bb type style, then that is what I am used to and like, I ride kind of bow legged like Mr. Hill so its not a problem.

I added you to my AIM list, just have a couple more questions.

Thanks, Dan