Quantcast

questions

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i rode on a friend's MkV yesterday. man was it cool. so much easier to (trialsy) play on than my Imperial. so now....

better to learn on a mod or stock? i've been on mtbs most of my riding life, was rarely ever on a 20".

what are the differences between the MkII and MkV Zebdis?

anyone got anything for sale that's cheap?

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
A 20" is easier to get back on the rear wheel. I've heard that it is easier to learn on, but I don't really know. I started on 26" and have only ridden a mod once for a couple minutes. Go to Biketrials.com and do a search in the forum. There were a few discussions on differences between mod and stock.

The differences between the MKII and MKV are the frame gussetts and seat tube I think. I'm sure there are other differences but the geometry has pretty much stayed the same. I have a MKII, I'll try to post a pic tonight.

I think Kevin S. (WhiteRavenKS) has a Brisa mod frame for sale. You can check his web site cotrials.com.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
looks like a surly fork?

anyhoot- yeah, i have a brisa mod frame kit for sale and i know my buddy matt has another brisa mod frame kit for sale (his is the earlier vee mount one). if you have any questions you can email me or post onto observedtrials.net about the frame kits- they are in the for sale forum.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i'll check out that forum, but i'm really looking for a stock frame, mainly so i won't have to buy wheels.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
hmm... that avatar looks a tad familiar...

so does that ride you got there... i've got one of those collecting dust im my garage. i guess i got into stock a bit much for a while.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Originally posted by the Inbred
what fork is that?
Beats me. It's just a cheap-o fork that I got w/ the frame when I bought it from a dude in Cali. I want to get a new fork, but the parts $$$ is low so I'll have to live with this one for now. I need a new rear hub more than a new fork.

Ryano

Chimp
Oct 7, 2003
NOR CAL BABY!!!!! Roseville
Originally posted by WhiteRavenKS
hmm... that avatar looks a tad familiar...

so does that ride you got there... i've got one of those collecting dust im my garage. i guess i got into stock a bit much for a while.
yeah kev i jacked it off some guys avatar on observed trials.net :) i saw and liked it.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
Originally posted by Morryjg
Beats me. It's just a cheap-o fork that I got w/ the frame when I bought it from a dude in Cali. I want to get a new fork, but the parts $$$ is low so I'll have to live with this one for now. I need a new rear hub more than a new fork.
Bull****! That's MY Fork! We put that thing on MorryJG's bike because the dude that sent him the frame forgot to include the fork. I was running a small suspension fork, so we put my new fork that came with my Zebdi on Morry's. Once Morry got the fork from the dude, he gave it to me. Now THAT'S a piece of ****. Dinged up... but it looks like a 1990 direct drive fork from Specialized.

Those are my bars too. Just call me an 'investor'

But you're Cool MorryJG, I love ya like a brotha!

johnbrittain

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Amarillo, Texas
Which is easier to learn on:
Stock VS. Mod

Personally I think a Mod bike is much much easier for learning on. The smaller rear wheel makes it much easier to get up on the back tire and to keep yourself in general balanced and is much more nimble in moving around. On a Stock bike it takes much more force to get the larger back tire up, and takes more ''expierence'' on how in general to ride a much larger bike than a Mod.

I hope this helps someone and wasnt a total waste :D :D