hardtails?
or bike DH rigs....

seems like a simple question, but some people can go either way
... you know what i mean

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Big DH rigs are easier. No question. More mass,more mo'. Keeps the wheels moving in the line you want. Unless you are goin' really slow and technical. Then, a lighter, more nimble bike that can be nose wheelie'd around is what your're looking for.

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
I think more mid range.....the bigger bikes can be a bit slow and un responsive to the finer inputes....between my Specialized big hit w/shiver and my enduro pro.....I will take the pro

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
I've used both my big dual suspension DH bike and my recently-sold hardtail on skinnies this summer, and I prefer the big bike: tougher to get moving, but more supple and less bumpy on the rungs.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
It really doesn't. It depends on how fast you can get across it. If there are turns and technical moves, the smaller bikes do help. If you just want to stay on a straight line and get the hell off in one piece, I feel much more stable on a bigger bike. Going fast on looong, straight skinnies is good, the less time you're on there means you have momentum on your side and the less time you have to fall off...