Quantcast

Quick digital Camera guys QUICK!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Ok i am in need of a lense to shoot monster park next weekend, i know enough that my lense is too slow and i need to get the f stop around a 2.8 to get the crisp shots i want. What do you think of this lense on ebay, will it work with a digi or only film. And im assuming it has little to know zoom? HELP! I know this post is bad quality but i might buy this before the auction is over...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
That is a prime lens, which means it has no zoom. A 28mm lens is wide angle, so you'd better be right up close to where the action is.

From all accounts, it's a good lens, but it's also not very versitile for shooting in an area where you might be forced to stand in a certain place to take pictures, where a zoom would be useful.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
ok, but it will work with a digi? that is one thing i was never clear on is a lense a lense or are some only for film cameras?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
That's not to say it's not a great lens in its element, though - if you like it and think you'll use it, then buy it. It just may not be the ideal choice for shooting a mountain biking event, since you may not be able to get closer to the action during times where the lens isn't long enough.

edit: The lens will work on a Canon-mount digital SLR. It will give you approximately the same field of view as a 40-45mm lens on a film SLR.

Film lenses will work on digital bodies. Lenses designed for digital only (the smaller sensors) will not work properly on film bodies since they project a smaller image circle.