Quantcast

quick ? on my spud gun

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
om... hello! ETHER..... if anyone is framiliar with bowen island in bc, ny friends dad built one, and used ether. shot them clear across Snug Cove. he also used it to blow the gates of his ex-wife's garden fence. if you do use ether, you bettr have build it real effin good (i see duct tape and warn you it may not be a good idea) also, one or 2 smal pufs will do er

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
Lmao, yeah... That duct tape is only to cover up the wire leading from my ignitor to the chamber. This is my second cannon, the first one died after pure butane was used. WARNING, baaaad idea. At least on our shoodily built first one,

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
I've always used aqua net, you just have to wash out the chamber once in a while to get rid of the stickiness. Make sure you build with schedule 80 for any of the higher powered fuels.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
cool. I'll try some of that aqua net....

I could never get the spark to work on my gun so I took out one of the screws and used to hole to stick a lighter to. So whenever I shoot it I hold a lighter to the hole and fire shoots out the hole until pressure builds and fffooooooommpppp! Is that safe?

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by downhillzeypher

I could never get the spark to work on my gun so I took out one of the screws and used to hole to stick a lighter to. So whenever I shoot it I hold a lighter to the hole and fire shoots out the hole until pressure builds and fffooooooommpppp! Is that safe?
I don't know how safe that is...it seems dangerous.

I use about a 4 second spray of aquanet in my spud gun, the good ol' Hippie Blaster 3000

neilan11

Chimp
Apr 26, 2004
ive made aton of those things there nest when made out of aluminum wleded and use propane bottles but for those plastic on or pvc or abs pipe either right guard deoderant spray or axe works the best

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by downhillzeypher

Dude, you are asking if a SPUD GUN is safe! :D