Quantcast

Quick question about bmx bike purchase

TaRd

Chimp
Aug 21, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
I have been riding an Eastern Nighttrain and have been very pleased with the quality of the bike so far (except the ****ty stem) and would like to add a 20" to the quiver for another bike to ride at the park, street and dirt jumping. I have narrowed it down to either the '09 Asesino or the '10 Reaper. I rode a Fit Dakota Roche the other day at the park and loved the bike, I havent found geo specs on either Eastern bike to compare to the Fit but would like the geo to be close. Has anyone ridden either of these bikes and what did you think?

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
FIT makes an all around nice bike, but really if you are looking to get a complete, WeThePeople make the best bike for the dollar if your spending over 500.

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
Well any of them above 500 are the best in the industry for the dollar. So start with the TRUST, and work your way up. Although, the trust is a freaking fantastic bike, and great looking. Just go to the wethepeople website and check their stuff out.

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
So I was bored tonight...really bored, and made a whole spread sheet comparing all of the 2010 BMX Bike from these companies. I left out many of the brakeless models, as the shop I work with wont be stocking any of them. But none-the-less, I figured my little spread sheet could help out a few people on here currently looking and comparing new BMX bikes. Ask any questions you have.

There are many other things for comparison out there, but as you see, this will summarize the main key components to think about when buying a new BMX bike, such as sealed wheels? full 4130 frame? 1pc driver hubs? Pivotal seats? etc...

But as you can see "Y" = Yes. Highlighted = Yes. Blue font = special upgrade etc..

Sorry the picture is a bit grainy, I had to just "print screen" from excel then paste in Paint and crop accordingly lol

You will have to click on and view full size for anything to be readable at all. I left off prices, because all of the local shops will have different prices, so its up to you to find out what you will be paying.