Quantcast

Quick question about Downhill Northwest (pre-fluidride)

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
The Yeti mechanic is Damian Smith, and I don't recall him ever working for Downhill Northwest.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
i just remember back in 2002 my school did this camp with DHNW, and there was Simon, Synth, Mike, and a guy named Damion that, from my seventh grade memory, looked like the yeti mechanic. He was riding a Giant AC with the old rockshox deluxe shock and wood chips in his break lever to keep it working.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
i just remember back in 2002 my school did this camp with DHNW, and there was Simon, Synth, Mike, and a guy named Damion that, from my seventh grade memory, looked like the yeti mechanic. He was riding a Giant AC with the old rockshox deluxe shock and wood chips in his break lever to keep it working.
I recall Damion being affiliated with RPM-Yeti as a coach during that time, and then moving on the manage the Yeti factory team, but it's entirely possible he did a stint with DHNorthwest. If run into him any time soon I'll ask.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
I recall Damion being affiliated with RPM-Yeti as a coach during that time, and then moving on the manage the Yeti factory team, but it's entirely possible he did a stint with DHNorthwest. If run into him any time soon I'll ask.
yeah he didn't seem like he was a really major employee, just helpin' out with the camp.

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Yep Damion's the Yeti Mechanic. There is a pretty cool vid of him on the Yeti websitehttp://www.yeticycles.com/Team/TeamMedia/FactoryTeamBio/FTBioDamionSmith.cfm. That camp sounded rad, produced a few rippers too.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
Yep Damion's the Yeti Mechanic. There is a pretty cool vid of him on the Yeti websitehttp://www.yeticycles.com/Team/TeamMedia/FactoryTeamBio/FTBioDamionSmith.cfm. That camp sounded rad, produced a few rippers too.
yeah it was funny cuz they gave me like the fastest rider award or whatever and now jack is a friggin' semi-pro and i just moved to jr ex