Quantcast

Quick question about Industry Nine hubs

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Got myself a set of I9 standard-flange hubs, but I have a question about the front hub. It's a thru-axle hub and it uses removable end caps that sit against the hub's bearings. I was measuring the hub today to determine spoke lengths when I noticed the two end caps are not identical. One is 15mm tall while the other is 17mm tall. Anybody know which cap goes on which side of the hub? My guess is that the 15mm cap goes on the disc side, which would reduce the dish on the wheel. Anybody know for sure though? Thanks.

Attachments

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
Oh cool you can get them now, if you dont mind me asking how much did it cost you for that? Do you know if they come in the same colors?

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Yeah yeah I know, I'll call 'em tomorrow. :rolleyes:

dropmachine.com said:
17 ont he disc side.
Not that I don't believe you, but I'm just curious, why the two different sizes, and why do they belong on specific sides?

.Pit Steelers. said:
Oh cool you can get them now, if you dont mind me asking how much did it cost you for that? Do you know if they come in the same colors?
I believe the retail on a set is around $550. The colors are all the same.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
The 17mm one moves the rotor over enough so that it doesn't rub on the brake adaptor. Try it with a Pike, and put the 15mm side on the disc end. You'll see pretty damn quick. :)

Oct 14, 2007
The 17mm endcap goes on the disc side.

Jeff
Industry Nine
Talking about the hubs, my internal rear axle part just comes off....I have tightened the 2.5mm screw on the left alot and it just keeps on coming out from the non-drive side....also the right axle nut just came lose and falls off...I know this is hard to see or imgagine by reading this

let me know if you have any ideas of how to fix this

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Talking about the hubs, my internal rear axle part just comes off....I have tightened the 2.5mm screw on the left alot and it just keeps on coming out from the non-drive side....also the right axle nut just came lose and falls off...I know this is hard to see or imgagine by reading this

let me know if you have any ideas of how to fix this
Pick up the phone, its much easier.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
No, you still havent sent them back! :D

SICKLINES RULES!!!!!!!!!!!
Do I get my T-shirt now! :D
Hey I got a couple of rim stickers not identical but close to your ones. Im more intrested in layout and spoke gap. I need an address.
you dont get any shirt until you make people decals for them.

with that said, ive gotten a few handfuls of shirts from them, and some more things that i cant reveal just yet at this point in time :banana: