Quantcast

Quick question about my redline

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
I would keep the jump size on that bike down to 7ft. gap or less. With drops up to four feet. Unless you are real smooth, it is a rigid bike! I think it's designed for all around trail.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
I agree with my Komrades, it can handle some abuse as it is built kinda like a BMX bike but it is NOT a FreeRide bike doing 7 footers will end up with a cracked frame or ovalized headtube soon enough, plus unless you have up graded the parts the will fail too................ :monkey:

the BIG cheese

The STUFF
Feb 26, 2002
stick red
sunnerbeanmtb said:
bummmpp...what if i added a fork?

I dont think the monocog was built with suspension correction in mind. (see above...it was designed for how it came...a trail bike...that's why they give you the fork with it.). You are better off trying to find a cheap burly frame and moving everything over.

Just a quick recommendation....On-One sells a frame called 'The Gimp' that is relatively cheap (even better if you find one used) and will handle anything you throw at it. You should be able to move all your parts from the monocog over to it...even the fork.

just my 2 cents.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
i jumped one for a while while my bike was being recovered by the cops a few years ago. with a shorter stem the bike ripped in the dj's