Quantcast

Quick Reducer Headset Question

ecsnsmb

Chimp
Jun 10, 2008
NJ
I am in the market for a 1.5 reducing headset with a low stack height. I am leaning towards the FSA Orbit Z 1.5, but am also considering the Cane Creek Xxcii (which is $20 more). Is the CC worth the extra dough? Any other suggestions?
Cheers guys

cmoney

Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
I ran the FSA orbit z 1.5 it worked great no issues at all and super low stack height.I would still be using it but my new frame has a tapered headtube.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
I am in the market for a 1.5 reducing headset with a low stack height. I am leaning towards the FSA Orbit Z 1.5, but am also considering the Cane Creek Xxcii (which is $20 more). Is the CC worth the extra dough? Any other suggestions?
Cheers guys
The Cane Creek has a much better sealing system but both are very reliable.

cmoney

Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
I did not have any bearing issues after running the headset for two years on the Wet Coast of Canada.

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
I've been on CC XX and, XXII and XXc for a while now. No problems at all. I've used 1.5, reducer and tapered versions. The bearings on the 1.5 got a bit creaky/notchy after a couple of seasons of horrible abuse, (that is hack riding on big features in lousy weather conditions, and even more hack upkeep/cleaning) but it was a super easy fix.