Quantcast

Quick server rant.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
[RANT]What the hell is IBM thinking? They tell me there is a "Critical firmware update" for the new Server-X we run at work (raid firmware for the Redhat servers). What is it?

4 PC DOS boot floppies! The server lacks a floppy drive! Hell, my desktop has been sans floppy for about 6 years now.

I had to go out and purchase a USB floppy drive, buy some floppies, then copy the ISO to each.

What the hell!?!?[/RANT]

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
That's pretty funny.

Just about as backasswards as needing to paint your house with lead based paint and making a tinfoil hat...

I bet those files you dl'd are all viruses...then you'll come back here sounding like MMike...and IBM will laugh at you...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Why you try to find it on the ibm site? I bet there is a download.
That's where IBM had me download the 4 floppy ISO's. They told me all the firmware was on floppy.

I just looked at the site and now they have a zip file with a CD ISO. That would have saved me some grief if it was there on Thursday!

Version: 5.1-0 (Build 9257)
Release Date: 2007-03-23
Bastards.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Sorry, don't mean to be told you so. I have done a thousand firmware loads (and created a few as well), and usually the guys who created it are just like me and you. They might screw up the code but they won't use an obscure loading method.