Quantcast

Quiver or no quiver?

vicious

Monkey
Aug 7, 2005
5280'
Alright, so I just got my new Chaparral built up the other day and rode it yesterday...it's f'ing money!

I've also got a pimped '04 V10.

However, the weight, geo, agility, etc of the Chap is way more fun and enjoyable than the 10. Clearly the V10 is going to have a faster top speed and better ability through super rocky sections, but the Chap will kick ass in many other areas: cornering, shore, tight spots, pedaling, etc.

I don't race, but I do spend a fair amount of time riding dh-type terrain in Keystone and Vail during the summers.

My question is: Do I keep the V10 or shall I sell it, get some good loot in my pocket, put a new rear shock on the Chap and just use the Chaparral for everything?

Here are the rigs:

vicious

Monkey
Aug 7, 2005
5280'
The V10 is also now outfitted with 36-hole Transition Revolution wheels with Mich 2.8's and a new Roco.

vicious

Monkey
Aug 7, 2005
5280'
stinkyboy said:
I am too. I hope they hold up like Azonic Outlaws, but they're 36 hole Syncros rims ya know...
I'm hoping they stay strong too, but only time will tell.

So far so good...not a bad set up for the price.

vicious

Monkey
Aug 7, 2005
5280'
SkaredShtles said:
Keep the V10 as a backup for when you break the Banshee doing some gnarly DH. :D
Yea, cuz I'm sure as soon as I start getting rad on the Chap, I'll surely break it...:rolleyes:

That aside, I figure I'll probably keep the V10. At least until I have a chance to ride it and the Chap on the same day a few times this season and compare the two.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I love the V10, but I don't see the point in having it unless you race. To me, it's a pure race bike. The Banshee should handle most anything as an all around fun bike.

But if you feel you need a race bike as a play bike, then keep it. It's pimp for sure.