Quantcast

quote from news in the south

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
Reporter interviewing leader of a group that believes the south should still succeed from the rest of the country:

Reporter: "Some say you are the leader of a racist organization"

Leader: "They'd be misinformed. We're a white supremacist group"

:huh:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i'm not a true southerner but after visiting NYC and stamford, CT last month and observing y'all yanks version of "society"; secession doesn't seem like that bad of an idea :twitch:
those racist idiots promote such a bad image of the south but they're in the vast minority. well...maybe some negative rep isn't a bad thing because it keeps the yanks from discovering all of the really nice things the south has to offer. you know...inexpensive cost of living, acreage instead of skyscrapers, people greet you on the street, iced tea, shootin' stuff ;)

Jun 29, 2007
Alabama
i'm not a true southerner but after visiting NYC and stamford, CT last month and observing y'all yanks version of "society"; secession doesn't seem like that bad of an idea :twitch:
those racist idiots promote such a bad image of the south but they're in the vast minority. well...maybe some negative rep isn't a bad thing because it keeps the yanks from discovering all of the really nice things the south has to offer. you know...inexpensive cost of living, acreage instead of skyscrapers, people greet you on the street, iced tea, shootin' stuff ;)
Damn you. They have iced tea everywhere. We got SWEET TEA. Don't forget Pisgah.

The southern part of the United States is as nice as the rest of the country; the eternal cultural hangup on the <war between the states | civil war> is just plain boring and worn out. I have a hard time believing that the deep-seated racism I observed when I lived in Atlanta has been worked out of the culture.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
I have a hard time believing that the deep-seated racism I observed when I lived in Atlanta has been worked out of the culture.
it's not "out of the culture" by far, and will probably never be as long as humans continue to be humans and try to categorize everything. but assuming that it's just a southern problem is extremely naive. most people just assume that the south is the epitome of racism because of it's history and idiots that say the things that started this thread. but the north is just as guilty, it' just ignored and covered up with "class" and economics.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
The southern part of the United States is as nice as the rest of the country; the eternal cultural hangup on the <war between the states | civil war> is just plain boring and worn out. I have a hard time believing that the deep-seated racism I observed when I lived in Atlanta has been worked out of the culture.
Please show me the part of the country where racism doesn't exist...

Maybe it is less prominant in certain parts of the contry, only because they mask it.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Yep, that's right, there are no mountains here, just backward azz racists drinking sweet tea. Nothing to see here, no culture what so ever. So there is no need to even think about visiting or moving here. Nope no reason at all.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
you know...inexpensive cost of living, acreage instead of skyscrapers, people greet you on the street, iced tea, shootin' stuff ;)
You can keep your acreage, I haven't driven my car in days. As far as "southern hospitality" depends on where you go, and what you look like. It's nowhere to be found in west TN and most of AR. Arkansas is just plain creepy. There's a reason living is so cheap.

ATOMICFIREBALL said:
The north doesn't have sweet tea & that is irritating.
It's about as difficult to make as boiling water.