Central Florida
User: "What was wrong with it?"
Me: "You had a problem between the keyboard and chair."
User: "Oh, thank God! I thought it was something I was doing."

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Male, he also wears a kilt some days as well. My office has a lax dress code.
:rofl:

When I showed up to interview for the new job, the CEO walked into the reception area in Birkenstocks, cargo shorts, and was half way through the process of putting a t shirt on as he was introducing himself. :rofl:

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
User: "What was wrong with it?"
Me: "You had a problem between the keyboard and chair."
User: "Oh, thank God! I thought it was something I was doing."
Ah, the old chair to keyboard interface. I had a coworker in tech support who used to tell our customers that. I was always amazed he could get away with it, but maybe I shouldn't have been.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder

When I showed up to interview for the new job, the CEO walked into the reception area in Birkenstocks, cargo shorts, and was half way through the process of putting a t shirt on as he was introducing himself. :rofl:
The last time I had an interview with a startup the first words out of the interviewers mouth were "take off that jacket and tie and grab a beer from the fridge."

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
The last time I had an interview with a startup the first words out of the interviewers mouth were "take off that jacket and tie and grab a beer from the fridge."
Awesome.

This place has been around for quite a while, but still has a lot of that vibe to it. No beer was offered, but I was told before hand not to wear a tie or even a button down shirt. I wore a polo and slacks and was the best dressed person in there by a mile.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Email from a coworker to a customer:

"Also if you send a request is sent over the weekend, it will not receive an attention until Monday 7am. Other than the hours anytime there is an issue that needs immediate attention always call out 800#, which 1.800.<obfuscated >"

What language is that?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004

Is your new job engineering bongs?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Full of win.

Our CEO is up here this week and is currently set up on the couch since all the desks are taken. I don't think he is sleeping there, just working (maybe napping). But it is comfy.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
Yeah, after 20 years of corporate america I ended up at a start up. Gotta love it on Fridays when at 4:30 the bell sounds and everyone goes to "wine thirty". Luckily, there is also a beer fridge so people like me are covered. Usually guinness or some other good beer. Plus a fridge full of sandwich fixin's means I don't have to ride my bike to go get lunch. And unlimited snacks. Why was I a chump for so long?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
As they were purchased (craigs list $5 a seat)

The Epson slim line projector does a great job, I am thinking of getting something like it for my next place rather than a tv.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
an Epson would probably be the last fpj id recommend for someone in their house
I clearly stated "something like it" as I have seen the price and would not spend that much. I was looking at a few in the sub $500 range that seemed to have a solid picture. If I can get something that does larger than 70" and half the price of my plasma (my 50" was $1000), then it's a go.

But the Epson does seem to do a good job rendering the desktop during meetings, but I haven't seen it play a movie yet.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Heard this not two hours ago being said to a extremely diabetic parts guy:

I will mushroom stamp you so hard it will knock all the insulin right back in to your pump.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Pesqueeb again.

****ing ****ing **** ****, why can't we fix this rule?!?!