Quantcast

Quoting movies is funny

J

JRB

when used in a subtle way. Like throwing in a blurb about eugooglies and what not, but entire threads of movie quotes have become over played. :think:

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
"Everything is different, but the same... things are more moderner than before... bigger, and yet smaller... it's computers... San Dimas High School football rules."

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
TheInedibleHulk said:
If you can identify the references in my sig and location you can be in my club.
It's from Mallrats, when the dude is trying to see the hidden picture of the sailboat and the little kid calls it a schooner, and then explains that a schooner and a sailboat are the same thing.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
dexterq20 said:
It's from Mallrats, when the dude is trying to see the hidden picture of the sailboat and the little kid calls it a schooner, and then explains that a schooner and a sailboat are the same thing.
You in the club. Snoogins.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
"I'm surgical with this bitch..."

"If he gives us sh*t, we give him lead"

"Ever have your sh*t pushed up?"

The most quotable movie ever, Training Day

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Schwarzenneger movies offer the best quotes:

"Let off some steam Bennet!"

"You're a funny guy sully, that's why I'm going to kill you last"

"If I'm not me...then who the hell am I?"

"Freeze"

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"

"Who is your daddy and what does he do?"

"It's Turbo Time!"

"Get to the chopper!"

ahhh Arnold...his movies offer such great lines. I'm sure many on this board can expand on the Arnold one liners and movie quotes...

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Im gonna have to go ahead and just disagree with you on that one.

I do occasionally pull out the "im surgical with this bitch" after swording someone in Halo 2.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
sanjuro said:
The most quotable movie ever, Training Day
I'm gonna disagree with that as well, and offer up Napoleon Dynamite as the most quotable (as well as the most abundantly quoted) movie.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
dexterq20 said:
I'm gonna disagree with that as well, and offer up Napoleon Dynamite as the most quotable (as well as the most abundantly quoted) movie.
so a movie that came out a year ago has been quoted more than any other movie...........right :rolleyes:

especially compared to

Forest gump / box of choclates
or
Austin power movies / Yeah, baby, yeah - Oh, be-have
or
Dirty Harry /go ahead make my day
or
ET / phone home
or
Bond Flicks / shaken not stirred
or
Casablanca / heres looking at you

J

JRB

This has been a real kick in the nuts, turning my non-quote thread into a quote thread, but I said quoting the same thing over and over. Oh well.

Mallrats did have some great lines -
Jay - "<snip>now get your fat ass up there, and dude, don't forget your helmet. Nooge."

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
zod said:
"They're OR Scrubs"

"Oh are they?"
That one was in the trailer. . . that alone was enough for me to want to see the movie (Rushmore).

It was good too!

Anyone seen Life Aquatic?

My contribution reflects the fact my kids watch the same 3 DVDs over and over:

"I'm not a smart dog, but I know what roadkill is."

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
"whos your favorite new kid baby?"
"call me donny call me Joey"
"please dont go baby, please dont go"

"Like the back of a volkwagon?"

"fucus"
"thats was i was thinking"
"she said FOCUS"
"whatever"

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
The Naked Gun is a really quotable movie too:

"Doctors say that Nordberg has a 50 - 50 chance of living, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that"

"Frank: It's the same old story. Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girls dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day.

Jane Spencer: Goodyear?

Frank: No, the worst."

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Fathead said:
That one was in the trailer. . . that alone was enough for me to want to see the movie (Rushmore).

It was good too!

Anyone seen Life Aquatic?

My contribution reflects the fact my kids watch the same 3 DVDs over and over:

"I'm not a smart dog, but I know what roadkill is."
haha I was about to throw some rushmore quotes up. I did see Life Aquatic. Of course I liked it because Wes Anderson is my favorite director, but I must admit the it didnt feel as complete and satifying as Rushmore or Tenenbaums. The dialouge is typical wes dry-humor genious, and Bill Murray has the same melancholy sarcasm that made his character great in Rushmore. Definately worth seeing and I will be seeing it again, Im sure there is alot in there that I did not fuly appreciate the first time, as is the nature of all his movies.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Lets not forget..

"Fezek, are there rocks ahead?"
"If there are, we all be dead."
"Stop rhyming now, I meant it!"
"Anybody want a peanut?"

classic

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
I just saw Dodgeball last night. I need to see it again. It has the potential for many good quotes.

"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!" WHACK

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood"

Anchorman has some good stuff too:

"Ron! Where are you?"
"I'm in a glass cage of emotion!!!"

"Its so damn hot! Milk was a bad choice..."

LeeOz

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
NYC
from one of the best movie ever made:

""You see what happens Larry, when you try to f*ck a stranger in the ass"

"Smokey, this is not Nam, this is bowling... there are rules..."

"You said it man... nobody f*cks with the Jesus"

man you can almost quote half the movie, it's so awesome

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
TheInedibleHulk said:
haha I was about to throw some rushmore quotes up. I did see Life Aquatic. Of course I liked it because Wes Anderson is my favorite director, but I must admit the it didnt feel as complete and satifying as Rushmore or Tenenbaums. The dialouge is typical wes dry-humor genious, and Bill Murray has the same melancholy sarcasm that made his character great in Rushmore. Definately worth seeing and I will be seeing it again, Im sure there is alot in there that I did not fuly appreciate the first time, as is the nature of all his movies.
Where did you get my coffee maker?

We f*cking stole it.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
"Jackie Treehorn draws allot of water around here, you dont draw **** Belowski."

"Ow, you ****ing facsist!"

"Ya, his girlfriend cut off her tow and its not fair!"

"aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiihihihihihihi" as the girl is going on the trapese throwing paint. classic.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
mack said:
"Jackie Treehorn draws allot of water around here, you dont draw **** Belowski."

"Ow, you ****ing facsist!"

"Ya, his girlfriend cut off her tow and its not fair!"

"aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiihihihihihihi" as the girl is going on the trapese throwing paint. classic.
You suck at quoting. Belowski?? The girls name is Maude Lebowski. :stosh: