Quantcast

R.I.P. Littermag

Salty4X

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
worst news ive heard in so long. thats smelly:huh:, but just like I tell my lady every time I want the fight to end so I can go ride...I understand.

sriracha

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
so, wait, did littermag sell to somebody or are they calling it quits because it took away from riding time?

i mean, if littermag is paying the bills....we all gotta work...seems like a sweet job to me. maybe it wasn't paying the bills?

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
There's no way in hell a site like that is paying anyone's bills. I'm sure the dude did it for the love of riding, and the scene. If he made anything at all off of it (not likely!) it probably went right back into the cost of serverspace, travel, film, etc. If he's lucky he made about .02 cents an hour.... I'm guessing it was a loss monetarily though. Cheers for a a great site though! Maybe someone else will carry the torch....

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
thanks for the kind words everyone. stokes me out for sure.

it was just time. i wasn't riding enough...at all really and my personal desire to keep it going just kind of dwindled.

as far as litter paying the bills...it never paid the bills. it paid for itself (maybe), so combine the effort of making content for the site (which is not just a blog update, rather hours with photos/audio/video) along with 'real' work/jobs that actually provided rent money and food and it just became too much. since i need to earn a living and still want to ride, litter had to take a back seat.

EDIT: even though none of the contributors asked for a single penny, i always felt bad that they were busting their a$$es making the best content around and not getting anything out of it. they WORKED. they deserve to be paid, and i couldn't pay them. they are the reason the site ruled...hands down.

i love making content though and you'll find content showing up other places (see signature) and i think mtbcut.tv might be taking over the LitterOTB program (which stokes me out).

anyways, glad everyone enjoyed what we did. it was always fun to get 'er done.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
NnnnnnooooooOOooooo!~!!!! :( litter was everything, that was good in the mtb interwebbe world.....just the other day I was thinking about how much it made me laugh and smile and get stoked! thanks for all the stoke you radicals!

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
Its Friday and I'm bummed :(

Litter definitely had one of the highest quality-to-quantity ratio for a mtn bike site....it will be totally missed for sure.

socal stinky

Chimp
Jul 2, 2006
It is a sad day for sure. Flag is flying half-staff around here...

Your content was the best. The fucckin awesome captions will be missed, those always brightened my day!

(sound of taps playing in the background...)

mullarks

Chimp
May 9, 2008
Damn I loved that site. By far the best source of news and new tech stuff in the DH community. If it were a paper magazine, I would have gladly shell out $5 an issue. I hope it comes back sooner rather than later and i wish the editor the best in his new pursuits.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Sorry to hear it my man. Come on out here and ride some bikes with me!

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Wow, one of my top 3 mtb sites gone. I'm okay w/that and happy for you as long as you actually use the time to have fun and/or ride.

Cheers!

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
Whata' bummer, will miss the updates/photos. Thanks for all that, one of the best sites around.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Motomike, this is you in the clip, right? http://littermag.com/2008/videos/viewvideo.php?videoID=1080

It's one of my all time favorite vid clips on Litter, especially when the guy hollers "You owe me fifteen dollars!" Makes me laugh every time I replay it.
No doubt! The guy going crazy cheering is my roommate(T-Pirate/Mulestar), and the guy yelling that I owe him 15 bucks was actually Manimal, I owed him for the hotel the night before. It still makes me laugh too!

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Boo.

Enjoy bike-riding. Come on an East Coast world tour or something.

ridenorcal

Chimp
Apr 28, 2008
Gnar-Cal
I'm sad to see a great site like Littermag go. I was always especially stoked on the awesome photography and I hope you keep that up. Keeping a site like that up can't be easy and I definitely respect anyone who's willing to dedicate their time for the benefit of the cycling community. Now go ride your bike :cheers: !