Quantcast

R.I.P little buddy

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
for valentine's day, we rescued a 10 year old mini piebald dacshund (sp?). He had been used in a puppy mill and then just tossed into a shelter for dead. We went and saw him, and took him home that day. The next day, we took him to the vet and turns out, he had most of his teeth were rotten and had to be pulled, and he had walked on the wire grate of a pen so long that his feet were flat. Anyway, this morning, at 8:15, he crawled out from under our back gate and made his way into the street in front of our house and was hit by a car. He died instantly.

And although we had him less than a month, he became a part of our family

Rest In Peace Waylon, we'll see ya at the Bridge

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Dude thats horrible. But I guess he went fast without any suffering. Good job helping him have a good last couple of months. RIP man.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
:(

i love dachsunds. i miss Schnitzel.

did he have any problems eating with the teeth issue? my dog couldn't eat anything due to his teeth and gum disease. we did all we could to prevent it and help him. in the end, we figured it'd be better for him if we put him to sleep.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
the Inbred said:
:(

i love dachsunds. i miss Schnitzel.

did he have any problems eating with the teeth issue? my dog couldn't eat anything due to his teeth and gum disease. we did all we could to prevent it and help him. in the end, we figured it'd be better for him if we put him to sleep.

heh, funny you say that name, we just about named him that, :)

he did have a little trouble, but we fed him the frozen Bil-Jac and that seemed to work for the little guy

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I miss my mini dachsund. Her name was Weiner. The one I had before that was named Penny. Im going to get a brown, short hair, mini, real soon.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
biker3 said:
sucks coots, Waylon is prb the most hardass dog name ive ever heard tho, Its sad as hell when dogs get hit, especially when they are urs. I hope the bastard didn't take off after he did it tho right?

cya at cass.

hell no the piece of sh!t f#ck bag didn't stop :mad: poor little buddy, I guess one good thing is that he didn't suffer

see ya in a couple weeks

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Sorry to hear that, Cooter - but you can certainly take solace in the fact that you did everything you could to make him happy for his last days.

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
A puppy mill? As in some sketchy breeding? If y'all don't already know, NEVER get a cat or dog or some say any pet from a pet store. If you want a pure bred, straight from the breeder. If you're like me i.e. you like mutts, half-breeds, and critters that need a little help, head to your local animal shelter. Props to you Cooter for adopting this little guy.

WarEagle2K

Chimp
Feb 28, 2005
Tucson, AZ
You guys are good people. I hate to hear stories like that, keep chugging along and get another dog if you feel up to it. They can make horrible days seem a little better. I'm sorry.