Quantcast

R.I.P. The Farm

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Plowed flat. Thanks to everyone who called me up in the last couple days. You know this ain't the first time I have had a dream trail destroyed for some bull$hit reason.
The Farm 2 has already begun at a new location. 4 times the size.
Look for it to be ripping by fall.

The Farm #1 vid will be up real soon. Here is a vid still of me ZD.

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
damn dude, that places was tits. what happened, I thought you had the okay from Joe and everything was cool?

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
what? i also thought you had the ok. 4x the size at the new spot though? very cool, if you'd care to post where it is or just let me know i might have to check it out once it's done assuming that other riders are welcome. if not i understand though. i hope everything turns out even better than the last one, if that's possible.

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
what? i also thought you had the ok. 4x the size at the new spot though? very cool, if you'd care to post where it is or just let me know i might have to check it out once it's done assuming that other riders are welcome. if not i understand though. i hope everything turns out even better than the last one, if that's possible.

You may have a better chance if you help build, not "check it out" once it's done :lighten:

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Long story short.
After i finished building, Big Joe had insurance people come out multiple times. I was told this wouldn't happen.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
You may have a better chance if you help build, not "check it out" once it's done :lighten:
Quoted for truth. I build trails for myself, and other builders. I will be building trails for the public to ride in the Fall, but i will be getting payed fat cash for that.

jtdcg

Chimp
Aug 15, 2004
NH
The joe's farm posts were unreal, looked forward to every new picture. Sorry to hear they are no more.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
hey, i'm all for helping out, but because school starts again in august, i'll be pretty much unable to help unless it is during the summer that i dig. that said, let me know when the digging is going to happen and i'll see if i can put aside a weekend to go help. sorry to put across a bad message, i've done something for pretty much every spot i've ridden except the post office in aptos and also the public park spot there.

GuettoBlaster

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Ghetto...of course
Holly Sh*t....i never knew this could happent...hours and hours of good work and dedication went down because insurance issues...wow!!does it look like we're doing something wrong?...we just big kids trying to have some fun...i wish they could understand that!well Zack...if my crew take a trip out there to your spot...i'll give 110% of my help to you guyz!...I'm sorry to hear that man!! and i hope the new place will be safe and many times bigger than the "old" farm! keep it up Zack!

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
bummer man i was so looking forward to rallying those trails in the future. ill be in cali this fall zach so let me know if you need a hand with a shovel or two

GuettoBlaster

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Ghetto...of course
Same thing happened to me. This makes my 3rd spot to get plowed. I've got a new spot now in a better location with good Nor cal dirt and year round water. Every time a spot gets plowed I keep digging because the next spot will be better. Few people really know what their arms feel like after tons of water runs and full days of using a tamper.
Thats so true...the sadness and anger feeds you to make a bigger and better place...

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Real bummed for you guys. From the pics it looked like you built that place right and it was blast to ride. I never thought it would happen as it was a private area.

Quick question - do you think the drop-in or wall-rides threw a big flag up for the insurance guy? I had a kid recently tell me he had to take his ramps and wooden stunts down, but his jumps were fine. I would hope w/ some landscaping, you could hide the fact that dirt jumps are that.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
I'm pretty sure that he had at least one wooden drop. Some kids in the Macneil video badmouthed Mountain bikers and road the spot anyway.
yeah, plus his setup, at least from the vids I've seen, had all the banners and a wooden launch ramp, plus that tunnel thing. I was just thinking if there were some trees and grass growing and hiding the sets, would it get thru an insurance guy?

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
man... I saw something on how they revamped the seven wonders of the world recently. Didn't realize this was the reasoning behind that mess.

build-on.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
underwriters are notoriously paranoid because of all the aggressive lawyers and the lawsuit happy lunatics.
Of course.

But that's certainly not particular to california by any means.

There are just more stories from california regarding issues like this because there are more spots and there are more riders.

Don't forget where the first public concrete skateparks started popping up.

And don't forget about the hick hucksters ordeal in your area;)

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
Of course.

But that's certainly not particular to california by any means.

There are just more stories from california regarding issues like this because there are more spots and there are more riders.

Don't forget where the first public concrete skateparks started popping up.

And don't forget about the hick hucksters ordeal in your area;)

word...Woo knows whats up

RIP Zack, but we all know you will have something better going on soon.

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
Well at least the pics of the Farm that ZD posted helped me to convince one of my friend to start building dj trails on his father farm.

Thanks for the inspitation. We are here in winter now (with snow and all) but new summer when we get to finish the spot i will post some pics here

scag

Monkey
Nov 19, 2004
As a fellow trail digger, I feel your pain. I often wonder about what will happen if (or shall I say WHEN) my trails get plowed. This sucks. You definetly has some legendary jumps. But now you have a fresh start. The key is to just keep digging!

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
did u keep the wallride and drop in? they can be reused. sorry to hear about it. i have lost over 5 sets of trails. it really sucks.