Quantcast

r u looking for a different job adventure?

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
I too questioned clicking on it, butt.......

Very cool. I just got passed over for a job on campus this summer so I've been spending the weekend looking for summer work. I've already got four or five ideas of places to apply to. Hopefully I can pick up one of the jobs.

Have you worked with any of the companies on there?

The Ito

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Those looked cool, but all the jobs say you need to be like 21 or older. I'll be 18 for summer and I'd like a job somewhere other than in my town as usaul. Any ideas, other than those ones seeing as I seem to be to young.....

ito

Oct 3, 2003
JMAC said:
Those looked cool, but all the jobs say you need to be like 21 or older. I'll be 18 for summer and I'd like a job somewhere other than in my town as usaul. Any ideas, other than those ones seeing as I seem to be to young.....
What exactly are you looking/qualified for?

The Ito

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
ito said:
What exactly are you looking/qualified for?

The Ito
Lol well at 18 I dont know what I can be considered qualified for. What would be cool is like being an adventure guide, so something outdoors, very active, yet you still get paid.....any ideas???

ito

Oct 3, 2003
JMAC said:
Lol well at 18 I dont know what I can be considered qualified for. What would be cool is like being an adventure guide, so something outdoors, very active, yet you still get paid.....any ideas???
I spent a few summers working at a Scout Ranch in Southern California. Pay wasn't very good(200/week for the lower staff and I got screwed because I didn't have the "correct" training for a high paid job), but it was always an amazing time. (sidenote:I actually got my first girlfriend through that camp). Lots of outdoor experience. I spent the summers teaching kids backpacking skills, first aid, orienteering, pioneering, taking them on hikes and bike rides, etc. The camp took care of my food and housing and I was able to spend several months in beautiful backcountry with tons of hiking trails. They are also willing to train you at their expense(I got Lifeguard, CPR, First Aid, and some other training there)

Chances are there are a few camps near you and they need help. If you are interested talk to the local Venturing Crew and they probably have info. If you have the knowledge they will often hire you.

I think Outdoor Bound hires 18 year olds or at least lets them intern. I have a few friends who have worked on those programs, loved every moment.

The Ito