Quantcast

Race Clinic March 8th and 9th in Fontana!

zstyle_22

Monkey
Jan 1, 2004
Centennial, Colorado
Hey everyone so there has been a slight change in plans for the next upcoming camp. I just got off the phone with Donny from southridge and apparently fontana is not public property and not only is insurance required, but so are permits. Based on that knowledge, Donny being the outstanding individual that he is, is allowing me to hold my clinic during the last race of the Fontana winter series. The dates are March 8th and 9th. Based on the event, the clinic will focus more on the race and how to prepare for a race. We will still go over the basics for descending, cornering, jumping, pumping, and drops, but the race will give us a chance to put what we've learned to test right away. This will also give us a chance to look at the mental aspect of a race as you get lined up in the start gate.

I will also still be offering a pre-clinic workshop on Friday afternoon from 3 to 5:30 (or to when it get dark). It will be limited to the first 5 people and cost an additional $100. In this workshop we will focus mainly on jumping, drops, and pumping.

The format is as follows:

Saturday:
8:30: Check in
9:00: Proper bike set up. I will also answer any questions on upgrades and bike buying advice.
9:30 to 11:30: We will learn our "attack positioning" or neutral positioning. Here we will learn proper technique for braking, cornering, and descending.
11:30: Short break before dh practice
12:00-4:00: Dh practice. Here we will put everything we learned to use. We will go over line choice technique and mental preparation as we practice.

Sunday:
7:30am: Check in
8:00-10:00am: Practice and final race preparations
10:30-1:00pm: Race!

Cost is $199 before February 1st, After February 1st cost is $259. Please feel free to email or call me with any questions.

Zach

Zach Griffith
8732 E. Briarwood Blvd.
Centennial, CO 80112
(303)502-6000
zstyle_22@yahoo.com