Quantcast

Race Cruiser With Suspension Fork?

jeremyb

Monkey
Dec 3, 2004
Christchurch, New Zealand
So... was at the track today on my cruiser and was thinking about the idea of building one up with a suspension fork on it for some moderate park / street riding, would be a super cheap build, with a 65-80mm fork hows it going to ride tho'?

I assume it'll slacken the head angle by maybe 5 degrees or so and lift it 5" or so, which is cool as I would just run a normal MTB riser bar....

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
I dont think itd raise it 5 degres, maybe 3 at most id say. The rule seems to be about 1"=1 degree. Seems to me for a crusier you'd want to keep the steep ht. But a 60 degree fork I cant see making that much of a difference.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
what's the A-C of your current cruisers' fork? it's going to be VERY hard to match that with any suspension fork on the market, even slammed. Fox32 will be the lowest I believe, but you better be smooth. My 50mm slammed '06 DJ2 is 440mm, not even as low as the Rebate on my Molly sitting at 425, which is still too tall IMO for a cruiser...

I think it will jack your geometry on that bike, negating any positives you may see...
But hell, I've seen some people put susp. forks on their DK General Lees and have fun riding them... just keep in mind that it will raise up your bar height (probably not enough to drop down to an mtb riser from your cruiser bars though), slacken your head angle, increase your wheelbase, and raise up your bb height as well, all transferring your weight out back much more and making the steering react slower... (and risking your ht structure and frame warranty).