Quantcast

Race Face 2011 Line and The Horse Drawn Bacon Sandwich

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009

Race Face has the customary line of bars, clothing and everything in between for 2011, all produced with the utmost in care and quality...but one question everyone is asking is...Horse Drawn Bacon Sandwich?!
---

We must preface the gear shots with an explanation of Race Face's booth. Instead of giving in to conformity and having a place on the tradeshow floor, the folks at Race Face decided instead to set up shop in a suite in the Venetian. With a view like this of the Palazzo, it was a pretty good way to escape the madness for a few minutes.

A hot topic at the suite was the new Horse Drawn Bacon Sandwich T-Shirts. These bamboo beauties are the most comfortable T's around, and if you're one of the first 4 people to post a response to this thread telling us why you love bacon and Race Face, we'll send you one of 'em (for free). Easy as pie...or bacon.

The 175mm Next SL cranks weigh 675g...

But if carbon's not your thing there are cranks for every budget and weight class.

The Turbine crank supplants the Deus for 2011. A ti axle is available for these bad boys, and the set weighs as low as 755g.

Between beers we took some photos of gear...here are a few of the 2011 bars. Next year there will be 22 different ways to grab your bike thanks to Race Face, one for each possible application.

The Atlas FR bars weigh in at 340g and are 31" wide. The Next riser bars are a scant 184g, while the Next SL drops even more weight to 145g.

Race Face lock-ons to keep your hands tethered firmly to whichever bar you choose.

Moving from grip to glove, there are more options than one could possibly need.

The new knee pads come in either "Gravel" or "Ocean" colors.

The clothing line is absolutely massive and has something for everyone.

Riding shorts are a tricky one; does one go baggy or slim? Race Face has both for obvious reasons.

The zips on these riding pants make them the most versatile article of clothing in the line.

Dress up with Race Face...

2011 is a big year for the Canadian component guru, check out their website for everything related to Race Face!

Attachments

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
I love Race Face because they are local to me and I love Bacon due to it's succulent goodness and ability to break any vegetarians vows!

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
I love Bacon. Do you need a reason to love perfection?
I love Race Face because they're Canadian. It being Thanksgiving in Canada, I am thankful for Canadian Bacon, which is almost as good as bacon.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
bacon is definitely a delight...but omg please make those turbine cranks in derple and i'll buy a pair, and a bar to match...

limitedslip

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
I love bacon because it makes every part of life so much saltier and porkier. I love raceface because they love bacon and make awesome parts/bacon shirts.

Feb 17, 2010
A, A
Wow, now I can be Metrosexual on my bike because its COOOOL!!!! Haha those pants are dope though, goin to have to check into them....

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
I do not like bacon because it is fattening. However, I like raceface. If I continue to eat bacon, I will not be able to wear raceface gear because they do no make a triple xlB. B as in bacon. Raceface is rad because their parts are super dope and come in every color imaginable. Bacon is the enemy. I will not conform to the bacon! Give me health or give me death!