Quantcast

Race Face 83mm X-type BB issues

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
So I switched to a new chainguide and now I am noticing lateral movement in the crank. I know I could fix this with spacers but I am not sure the size of the spacers. Also i am not really sure whether the spacers go on the inside or outside of the BB.:imstupid: I dont know if there is any other way to fix this but Id really like some help if anyone has some knowledge on this. Any help would be appreciated.

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
Did you remove your BB when you installed the new guide?

Is it an ISCG 03/05 or BB mounted?

Did you remove any of the small spacers from the axle?

Have you torqued the main bolt properly?

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Didnt remove the BB at all. Crank is torqued properly. Spins freely and cannot be tightened anymore without overtorqing. At one point it had spacers but I cannot find them anymore. I went from a e-13 SRS to an LG1+ so I know backplates are slightly different in size.

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
Well, If you didn't remove the BB you have ISCG-tabs, and the backplates will have nothing to do with the play you have felt.

Your BB might be worn but most probably you need to get ahold of the spacers for the axle and maybe new preload elastomers.

A link to the Atlas cranks instructions (has instructions on how many spacers you require etc.) : http://raceface.com/comp/inst/AtlasFR.Crank.pdf