Quantcast

Race Face Armour Jacket Questions

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
After yet another shoulder injury I've decided it's time to start wearing shoulder protection every time I ride the DH bike, not just on lift served days. I want a short sleeve jacket as I won't always wear elbow/arm guards and I'm going to be a lot of standing climbing so I need to do everything possible to stay cool. I want to be able to ride without the spine protector sometimes for that reason; I'll have a Camelbak on when it's off so I'm not overly worried about spine impacts. I also need it to be compatible with a Leatt brace.

That said I'm looking at the Rockgardn Flak Jacket or the Race Face Rally DH Jacket. I've got a pretty good idea of what to expect from the Flak Jacket (good protection, hot) but I have some questions about the Race Face.

- Is it compatible with the Leatt brace? I haven't been able to find any posts on this.

- Is it useable with the spine protector off? I've seen pics of spine protector taken off and it was still attached to the kidney belt. Can you disconnect just the spine protector and still use the belt with the rest of the armor? If not it seems like the only use for that feature is washing.

Last edited: