Quantcast

Race for Tara 3

landcruiser

Monkey
May 9, 2002
San Jose, CA
Whoa... was this a weird format race....?

Adam Craig beat ET at Northstar?

Course started at the top of the mountain (we got shuttled up there). Super fast loose fireroad, 100 or so yards of climbing, then really flowy single track before you got to the real DH of Sticks and Stones. It definitely rewarded a good balance of fitness and technical skill.

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
Course started at the top of the mountain (we got shuttled up there). Super fast loose fireroad, 100 or so yards of climbing, then really flowy single track before you got to the real DH of Sticks and Stones. It definitely rewarded a good balance of fitness and technical skill.

Ok, makes more sense now. Were you guys all on DH bikes, or something smaller?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
the best fun I had at N* was when the lift lines were super stacked and tourists all over the the trails so we decided to do our own thing and me and some buddies rode the road from zepher to phodog, but had to not use brakes for the whole ride.

great fun and had a blast......good training too

landcruiser

Monkey
May 9, 2002
San Jose, CA
I was on a dh bike as were most, but the top three and others were all on shorter travel bikes like reigh, nomad and blur lt.
well...

Weir was a on a short bike, but Craig and Turpen were both rocking big bikes.

;)

I felt plenty good on a full DH bike. Followed some guys on smaller bikes down the rock gardens during practice and they did not look like they were having fun.

EDIT:

more pics: Race for Tara 3 - a set on Flickr

full results: http://www.northstarattahoe.com/nsassets/files/bike-summer/r4t3_results.pdf

Last edited: