Quantcast

Race + Gu= barf-a-roma....wtf????

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
Did a local points race this weekend, did everything as usual. From prerace food to warmup etc etc was dead on the same as usual. For some reason on lap two i grabbed a Gu as usual and it came pretty much right back up.Tried one a few miles later with the same result. NOw the weird thing is i didn't feel sick at all really, just seemed my stomach didn't want anything to do with a Gu. I always use Gu's, have all season and have had no problems. Like i said i really didn't feel sick so i'm kinda stumped to what happened. Have used Gu's on training ride this week and as usual, no problems. Anyone ever have something like this happen during a hard effort? It kinda ruined my race and i ended up 9th which is my worst finish of this series and it kinda ticks me off:mumble: Anyway heres a quick pic from the race.

Attachments

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
my triathlete boss recommended rolaids, but he was talking about coming out the other end...

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
Gu and other gels shouldn't make you barf. It's proven effect is to make you fart. There by increasing your placing instead of dropping you back in the rankings.

:love: