Quantcast

Race in Ensenada Mexico, this weekend...

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
October 9th will be the last and final stop on the Ensenada DH Circuit. This is one of the biggies down there. With over $1000 in cash and prizes, it's no wonder why there's always a southern California presence at this race.

I try to get as many riders/racers as I can. These races are fun and safe. There's paramedics on site ready to remedy the wounded. And it's cheap! For the price you pay for a Norba race in the states you'll be able to spend a couple days in Ensenada, race and enjoy the free Carne Asada after the race!

You can see some of the action that went down at the last race at: http://nofriends.com/nf2004/pages/news/mtb_bmx/index.htm Just scroll down 'til you get to the race wrap up. The Brazilianaire and Garrick Anderson made it down to that last race and loved every second.

Hit me up with any questions. We're going to caravan down from the Old Town San Diego area on Saturday morning around 930am. We want to get a few practice runs in on Saturday and race on Sunday.

I want to upload some images but as you'll see this is my third post. So give me a little time to get this shiz down.

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! Yeah... I dug 'em out just for this Mexico race!

Are we going to see you this weekend to race/ride/party?

We roll into town with the intentions to practice, race and chill but what happens to some of us is: practice, party, race, party. I don't know how they do it but it's there if you want it. I have to give it up to the Griz who came down and owned the dirt and the dance floors of Ensenada!

Fshflys

Monkey
Jun 29, 2005
FFAT said:
We're going to caravan down from the Old Town San Diego area on Saturday morning around 930am. .
Hey Manny,
We're planning on it, Brian, the new HCore surfer Joe say's he'll bring his stick with him as well as the M3, sporting NoFriends clothes & stylin. Won't be in the old Taco Wgn, sold it last weekend, hopefully riding in the new Red F150. Wes will be shootin all the action, with some discretion I hope. Where you plan on staying Sat night?

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
LU... get the cash for Hawaii and I'll guarantee a good time! And if you want, I'll teach you have to get barreled! Hahaha.

Glad to hear some of the OC crew are heading down to Ensenada. And for staying up on Saturday night... uh.... it's up to you. I go with the flow. But no out of control nights anymore. I need to stay somewhat sober to ride!

manny

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Manny,
How much does it cost to race, and what kind of lodging is available down there? I've never been to Ensenada before.
-Patrick

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
The race fee is $25. The hotel situation is $30 per room. Each room has a queen and a double. That's for Saturday night.

I have three rooms on lock down. If you want me to reserve more rooms, hit me up at: ffatbiz@aol.com

You're also looking at $2.35 per toll to get to Ensenada. There's three each way. If you caravan with us, we can avoid one of those on the way there and avoid two on the way back. We're meeting in San Diego's Old Town area on Saturday morning around 9am.

There's going to be a free mexican style bbq aka Carne Asada free for all racers after the event.

Good times are callin!

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
If anyone is going down from the OC area, I have some stuff from Anka and Sven Martin that they donated to the racers in Mexico. I've been holding it in my garage for a while now. I can’t go because I’m going to be at the Cal Poly race in Fontucky this weekend.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
I am in san juan capistrano and we prolly could take some of the stuff down there, I know were bringing like 15 tires and a bunch of other stuff to give away

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
merrrrjig said:
I am in san juan capistrano and we prolly could take some of the stuff down there, I know were bringing like 15 tires and a bunch of other stuff to give away
Cool. Let me know when and where you would like to meet up. Tomorrow night is no good but I'm free after 5:30 to 6:00 on Thurs or Friday.

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I'd love to go, but I can't drive my car yet, so would someone be able to give me a ride? I'll pitch in on gas and pay for tolls! I live in Nasty City. I haven't been to a DH race since the Cal State race, unfortunately I couldn't make it to Mammoth for national's. So it'd be great to go to another race before I go on deployment. Let me know! Peace!

-Patrick

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
Rides from San Diego can be arranged. I'm helping setting everything up so hit me up at: ffatbiz@aol.com

As of today our list looks like:
Alf
Manny
Wes
Brian
P Daddy (mr. pracht)
Adrian
Andre
Sean
Garrick?
Steve (from Downfast)
Curtis

We'd love to roll down with more so give me a shout if you have any issues.

SCHEDULE
Leaving San Diego Saturday at 6am arriving at La Fonda to surf and blow up fireworks for about an hour at 7:30am. Check out the surf contest at San Miguel at 8am. Check in and go practice the course at 10am. Party Saturday night (optional). Race Sunday.

Wes, pick up that stuff from Sanjay, Sven and Anka. The Mexi crew will be super stoked!!! :)

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Oh, yeah, I'm there!

Oh, wait, ****, I'm not.

Here's hoping they send me back to Cali next June!!! (San Fran or LA...either will be awesome!)

Have fun in the real California, guys...get some tacos al pastor for me.

You wouldn't BELIEVE the **** that passes for Mexican food on the east coast. I got a goddamned FLOUR tortilla when I ordered soft tacos! Not to mention that the carnitas tasted like salt, and only salt...ugh.

MD

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Oh hey, what time is the race gonna be on Sunday? A friend of mine who just got into downhill, wants to go race but he wants to know what time the racing will start.

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
Alex966 said:
Oh hey, what time is the race gonna be on Sunday? A friend of mine who just got into downhill, wants to go race but he wants to know what time the racing will start.
The race starts at 11am on Sunday, but I would recommend showing up at 9am for some practice runs. The courses are not your typical NORBA or Southridge style courses. There are usually numerous berms and doubles to master as well as tricky rock sections and tech lines.

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Fonzie18 said:
The race starts at 11am on Sunday, but I would recommend showing up at 9am for some practice runs. The courses are not your typical NORBA or Southridge style courses. There are usually numerous berms and doubles to master as well as tricky rock sections and tech lines.
Berms and doubles huh, how gnarly do the rock section's get? Do ya need a DH bike, or do you think I can get away with it on my bike? I'm not worried about the berms or doubles, cause I can nail those, just curious if the rocks are gonna throw me around.

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
Alex966 said:
Berms and doubles huh, how gnarly do the rock section's get? Do ya need a DH bike, or do you think I can get away with it on my bike? I'm not worried about the berms or doubles, cause I can nail those, just curious if the rocks are gonna throw me around.
I have not been to the track, but if it's like all the others there are rocks that are better handled on DH bikes. The last course had high speed rocks and a good double drop which would require a DH rig. It really depends on how fast you want to hit things though, most of the kids down there are on 4 inch XC bikes. I've seen some peeps clear sections on BMX bikes and that same section claim guys on tricked out DH bikes.

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Hmmm..... I'm gonna try it, I've done Ted williams, fontana, noble, that place over by steel bridge, all on my lil 4" xc bike. If lil kid's can get over those rocks, then I'm pretty damn sure I can.

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
Count down... two more days 'til we head on down to Ensenada. I have four rooms on reserve and the crew know where comin' so it's just waiting to get on the road...

Bring extra parts if you have 'em to give away or sell at a below swap meet price.

Any other questions hit me at: vargasdk@aol.com

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
FFAT said:
Count down... two more days 'til we head on down to Ensenada. I have four rooms on reserve and the crew know where comin' so it's just waiting to get on the road...

Bring extra parts if you have 'em to give away or sell at a below swap meet price.

Any other questions hit me at: vargasdk@aol.com
Manny, don't forget to warn the group about the radioactive mutant frogs and ladybugs between Rosarito and Ensenada.

(Did you see the Insomniac show where Dave Atell actually goes into the 'naked woman' house? pretty funny...)

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I have an old marz z.1 from like '00 or '99, as well as a RS judy xc. They just sit in my room, so I'll bring them. I think the Z.1 needs to be rebuilt, but still good. I'll see if I have any other spare parts I can grab.

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
Stoked everyone is bringing down gear. The locals will be stoked. I think they'll be more stoked on the fact that we're down there racing with and against them.

We'll take any late takers for this weekend's fun.

Hit up Manny at: ffatbiz@aol.com

orale...

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
Stoked, the weather looks clear for the weekend. So far we have confirmed 14 peeps...
Manny, Adrian(my brother), Wes, Brian, Pdiddy(Mr Pracht), G to the Z(Sean), Garrcik, Dre2K(Andre), Curtis Z, Steve, His daughter, East County Jason, Myself...

Anyone else?

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Fonzie18 said:
Stoked, the weather looks clear for the weekend. So far we have confirmed 14 peeps...
Manny, Adrian(my brother), Wes, Brian, Pdiddy(Mr Pracht), G to the Z(Sean), Garrcik, Dre2K(Andre), Curtis Z, Steve, His daughter, East County Jason, Myself...

Anyone else?

Me! See you guys in the morning!